Issue with YI 4k switching out of video mode

super_hunter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a YI 4K I use on a head mount to film outdoor activities. I turn the camera on and off frequently, and when it comes on push the shutter to record. However, it seems the camera is switching out of video mode and into burst photo mode. Its in a metal housing (not a waterproof type housing that has an open back). I taped a thin piece of card board across the back of the touch screen and tried that, but it didnt help. What is a feasible way to prevent this? Screen locking seems to be only active through that power cycle (e.g. once you turn it off its now unlocked).

Same problem! I just got my cam and tried it on the slopes yesterday and today in my house.

Is no one else having this issue?

There is a setting where you can set the default mode (e.g. photo or video); I found that on another bulletin board and to set the screen lock time to a short time period, I am going to try those two things.

Anyone fix a fix for this... mine wakes itself up (from sleep, not power off), screen turns on, and then it takes photos - every 60 seconds!

When I have voice control on in my Yi 4k + , it switches modes to photo and shoots a three photo burst. After switching back to video default ,in a minute it will switch back to photo and shoot a burst until voice is turned off. Yi has dropped the ball on this!
Same bug when using voice control on my Yi 4k! 'wonder if they will bother to fix this.
Update: The yi 4k also does this Yi support refuses to provide a patch and blows you off. Their web page doesn't list action cams anymore just dash cams. Their dumping their customers just like Sjcam! Only turning off voice control fixes it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back