ITB 100HD voltage requirements?

xor00

Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe someone can help me understand what I did wrong here. I only had the cigarette lighter cable (couldn't find the UPC), and attached the camera to a 12v dome light circuit (right behind the rear view mirror). Unfortunately I had my fuse on the wrong side of the circuit in the dome component due to a wiring color swap that made the black wire hot instead of ground (thanks Subaru!), and it appears to have bricked my camera. It also blew the 2a 250v fuse.

I don't really understand how 12v could have done that if the camera is supposed to take 12v/24v though? When I measured the cigarette lighter voltage it was actually 3.5v, so I wonder if you don't use the UPC, should you still be able to connect it directly to any 12v circuit? Or could it brick it if the polarity was swapped?

Any insights appreciated!

cs

Are you sure you didn't accidentally connect the power to the "video out" socket?
A couple of people have mentioned doing that and bricking the camera.

Pretty sure I didn't put the power it in the video out, I read the warnings and double checked each time I plugged it in.

Well it turns out the camera is still working fine, I must have either continued to get the polarity reversed or had a bad solder joint in the adapter.

Back