ITB100 Smart Plus Wifi or ITB250HD Wifi

Mitch

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I have a ITB100HD and I am looking to purchase another Itronics DVR, the one with a WiFi.
Given these two choices *ITB100-SPW (2014) and ITB250HD (2013), which of these two DVR would you recommend?

I have a fair amount of experience with HD and full-HD quality and the following DVR I have owned:
- Blackvue DR380G-HD
- Blackvue DR500GW-HD Wifi
- Blackvue DR400G-HD
- Itronics ITB100HD

Secondly, is there any beige color DVR around which better conceal-into a beige rear view mirror?

Thanks for any input or suggestion.

Last edited:
I have a ITB100HD and I am looking to purchase another Itronics DVR.
Given these two choices *ITB100-SPW (2014) and ITB250HD (2013), which of these two DVR would you recommend?

Secondly, is there any beige color DVR around which better conceal-into a beige rear view mirror?

Thanks!

I had itb100hd. Back then it was great dashcam, but today I am personally would not go with Itronics. Despite its nearly 2y since their itb100hd, they still hav very low bit-rate in their itb100 spw ( wifi ) model 6.5Mbps. Check THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice. The reason I like the Itronics is they are able to handle the high temperature we have in Singapore. This is especially true for a park car directly under the sun. What would you recommend for alternative brand and product?

Good so called high-end dashcam which is based on Supercaps ( capacitors ).
Read subforums of: Vico series ( excl. Wf1, its with battery ), Panorama S etc.

Thank you Niko for your reply and kind advice. I will go and have a read.

- Bump... Anyone have any experience with ITB100-SPW (2014)? I am also partial to itronics since I have the ITB-100HD and I have had no problems.
- Based on what I read the ITB250HD (2013) has only 720p and no GPS, if that matters to you, otherwise they seem very similar.

Thanks

I ordered the ITB100HD SPW DVR from a local distributor and the item has arrived today. This will be my second Itronics DVR. I hope to fix-it-up with a power saver by tomorrow and do a simple review. :)
205telv.jpg

@Mitch, I'm still wait to see, although I had 2 choices
1. dr500gw
2. itb-100spw
It's same price at local shop.

Here's the various wifi applications you can use on the ITB100HD SPW and/or ITB250HD DVR.

Important point: iOS currently supports Client mode (meaning 1 connected device), whereas Android is able to support both Client and Hotspot modes (you can connect up to 4 connected devices concurrently via Hotspot mode).

Screenshots:
screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

iPass version 1.0.3 (English, 6.7mb) for iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/ipass-black/id603395789?mt=8

iPass version 0.8.0 (English, 3.3mb) for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itronics.blackbox.smart

Last edited:
Which do you guys recommend. Got amazon to agree to help with the cost difference between the Mini 0803 (I had posted about all the issues I was having) and the new camera I chose to get. Been debating between the Itronics ITB100 SPW and the Vico WF-1 or any others...HELP!!!! Need to tell amazon tonight or tomorrow.

Jeremy, definitely go with the iTronics, instead of the WF-1.

I have both and have used them for ages.

To give you a small bit by bit experience:

Itronics downside:

1) Poorer video quality, compared with the WF-1.
2) No emergency record button (it's quite helpful for me, to save traffic incidents, and not review hours and hours of footage again).

WF-1 downside:

1) Camera shuts down in moderate heat (32-33C ?) We sometimes have 38-40C here.
2) I get some corrupted files (codec). Some files can't be open in any software (AVS video editor, Adobe Premiere pro, Sony Vegas and many other usual players), except VLC, where it plays, but with some issues (sound and video shifts etc). I can't figure out why some are corrupted and some not. I tried 4 SDHC cards, Sony/Lexar/Kingston/Sandisk, all 32GB.
3) The 3M mount that comes with the camera does not have the stopper on it (that prevents the camera from slipping from the mount), like the suction mount has. Thus: using the 3M mount, the camera falls from the windshield when you brake.

After one year of using the ITB-250HD, the camera is working great without any problem. Is very comfortable to know that the Itronics camera is always recording and I never need to check something. Is doing a great job. For me the small bitrate is not important. I hope they kept for the 100SPW the same lens or even better lens than the previous model 100HD. For me the lens are more important than the bitrate.
Because I am a fan of Wi-Fi cameras, if today I need another one instead of 250HD which is only 720p, I will go for 100 SPW.

And starting with the 100 SPW the Android application is in english and downloadable from the Google Play store. For the 250HD the applications were only in korean.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello Mtz,

I just got my ITB100SPW today and it is functioning right, but I am having trouble getting the Wi-Fi to work. I have an android with version 2.3.4. I tried the following:
- Hotspot Mode - I turn on the hotspot and it will not connect to device.
- Client Mode - I find that it can find the device, but it will not connect. I even tried connecting to it manually through the wifi settings of the phone and it keeps disconnecting from the camera's network.

I came across the quote below from another thread where you were discussing this and was hoping there was a fix for this.

I have 3 smartphones: one with Android 2.3.6, one with Android 4.1.2 and one with the 4.2 version. The 4.2 version smartphone is finding the ITB-250HD camera but cannot connect to it and use the preview or the playback. This is a bug in the 4.2 version and I think is because of the new function called Wireless Display (Miracast). I searched on internet about this bug but seems that is no solution. Is something about the "grey wireless icon in 4.2", Miracast, or about some firewall.
I fixed the firmware download link from the first post.
In a future version of Android application the Android 4.2 will be supported for sure.
enjoy,
Mtz

Back