Jerky Video Playback

Spenbeck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite flashing latest firmware, 20140812 and saving files to my 32 bit computer the videos produced by my E-Prance 0803 are always jerky. Could anyone suggest a remedy please? I am using a 32gb Class 6 Card

Last edited:
It's almost certain to be the computer that is struggling, try a faster computer to prove this. You could also try a lower resolution video mode and possibly lower quality setting in the camera to reduce the amount of data the computer has to deal with.

Nigel has a good point but you may not necessarily need a faster computer. Try freeing up some memory and run as few other programs as possible while viewing videos. Sometimes this can help. Depending on your computer, swapping in a better performing graphics card and/or adding some RAM in the future might also be a remedy.

Last edited:
Yes I'm convinced the computer will be the problem, it is somewhat 'long in the tooth'

Same problem here: Running Windows 7 > 3.20 GHz >4 Gb Ram > GE Force GT 220 1 Gb > Virtual Memory 7.73 Gb. Video can corroborate findings.

Thanks to all for your help, the problem was indeed my slow computer, files run seemlessly on a faster unit.

Back