Jittery playback?

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When watching my video it stops every 3 or 4 seconds then jumps by a small fraction.

Have I set this up wrong?

My rear cameras has also stopped recording - but maybe I didn't reconnect that correctly.

Last edited:
Are you watching the video on the cam or on a computer?

What MicroSD card brand are you using?

If reviewing on your PC you need to copy the files to your hard drive. Viewing directly from camera or card reader can give jittery playback.

This assumes your PC is powerful enough to play the clips.

Are you watching the video on the cam or on a computer?

What MicroSD card brand are you using?

Mac - Samsung Pro Endurance

If reviewing on your PC you need to copy the files to your hard drive. Viewing directly from camera or card reader can give jittery playback.

This assumes your PC is powerful enough to play the clips.

Ah okay, I'll try that.

Trying to make a video of a near miss today, and very disappointed with Nextbase software. Sure cuts out all the crap, but puts big banner at the bottom and an advert at the end!!

Need to find something better - even if it costs money.

Just out of curiosity I downloaded DashCamViewer and --- bonus --- Decimal Degrees. That'll save me a load of conversion time for PGPSW (PocketGPSWorld):

44c4TDE.jpg

So - Nextbase only need Replay3 to have a toggle between decimal degrees and HMS GPS location ?

No need for any firmware changes.

Last edited:
Well, they are not likely to store the raw lat/lon values in dd:mm:ss format are they? That would be plain stupid. So it's the replay software that does the conversion from stored format into dd:mm:ss

I'm no expert but the 312, when played in other players, is decimal by default, but my old 402 & 412 & my 380 is H:M:S.

As they say - 'go figure' :unsure:

The people wish to submit exhibit No2:

JpMVyAp.jpg

The format is embedded but DCV does the bizzo.

I just need to check if they are GPS identical ............

Latitude 50:59.0000:25.0000 N
in Decimal Degrees: 50.990278

Longitude 0:11.0000:55.0000 E
in Decimal Degrees: -0.198611

Not perfect but the DCV position does display in 1 second jumps.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mikeact 512GW 4
RoVic 512GW 11
Back