Jumpy Speed Reading??

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
Hey all, I've tried searching around for the past hour to see if anyone else is experiencing this... while driving the GPS speedometer jumps around quite a bit. Here is a screenshot from the registrator viewer, this was taken with my cruise control on!! When I'm stopped, however it does stay at 0. Once I start moving it bounces up and down +/- up to 6 or 7 miles an hour. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using the Panorama2S with the most recent firmware.

Speed.JPG

I don't have this problem looking at movie in quicktime, on older firmware. mine only jumps 1 or 2 at about the same speed, with no cruise control. I've tried Datakam viewer on my mac. BUT it doesn't show gps data:(

david

I'd say that's pretty normal for GPS. When I'm driving my bus on dual carriageways/motorways etc, I'm restricted to 100kph (62mph) but my gps has me doing all sorts of strange speeds

So strange... not only does the on screen speed from the cam itself bounce around but also in the datakam viewer, sometimes it will read 4mph when the on screen speed is reading close to 60! Way out of whack. I'm not sure whats going on...hopefully there is a fix and I'm doing something stupid lol

Slud, this is the only camera I've had that problem with. It seems to bounce every second or less. My other cameras are very smooth...they might be delayed by a couple of seconds, but I've never seen any of them bounce around quite like this!

Here is a video example . . .

Its located about 2" to the left of the camera, right at the top of the windshield. Should it be lower? Maybe I'll experiment with location a little if you think that will help?

Also, the 'GPS' logo is facing the outside, and the white sticker is facing the inside. I would think it would be the other way around. . . I put it that way because thats how the mounting tape was on there.

Its located about 2" to the left of the camera, right at the top of the windshield. Should it be lower? Maybe I'll experiment with location a little if you think that will help?

CMOS sensor is the biggest source of interference. Thats why most high-end dashcams have external GPS module to move GPS antenna away from camera. Panorama has about 35-40cm GPS antenna cable. Try to move it away from main unit as far as possible. This should help, however +/- 3-5km(mph ) is normal jump of gps speed vs. car tachometer depending on your car speed. Anything above those figure is unusual issue.
Also, what FW you using ?

CMOS sensor is the biggest source of interference. Thats why most high-end dashcams have external GPS module to move GPS antenna away from camera. Panorama has about 35-40cm GPS antenna cable. Try to move it away from main unit as far as possible. This should help, however +/- 3-5km(mph ) is normal jump of gps speed vs. car tachometer depending on your car speed. Anything above those figure is unusual issue.
Also, what FW you using ?

possibly in the is not thermal zone on the glass portion.

some windscreen glass is not GPS antenna friendly and there sometimes is a certain spot which is transparent to the signal (I think that's what you were referring to?)

spot which is transparent to the signal .

Back