Just got a Yi dash cam and have a small problem

robinb

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Its the smart dash cam with wifi etc 1080p.

In cold weather (morning start of car) around 5 celsius the camera starts when ignition is turned on as expected.

However when I crank the engine the camera initiates auto shut down far to quickly.
After 3-4 seconds the motor is running and full power back to electrics, at this point the camera has started to shut down and will not resume working.
Only way to get camera to work again is to pull the power and restore power.

This seems completely wrong.

I have European version.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a very similar problem. I've also narrowed it down to very cold mornings. I wonder, are you using a Sandisk Ultra Micro SD card?

I am using a samsung micro sd, its class 10.

Alright, I had a suspicion it was a combination of cold and that I was using a Sandisk Ultra, which is not recommended for dashcams, apparently. If it's happening with another type of card, that's not good news for me (us?).

its possible it could be the socket and poor contact, i have just ordered a hardwire kit, it was about $5 but coming from china so will not be quick.

I suspect that you have a socket (poor connection-contact) issue,probably.

I have a similar problem. Camera just starts and shuts down on any cold morning here in Massachusetts. Bought it from Amazon so I guess I'll be sending it back. You get what you pay for. Works fine if temps are above 30 degrees F or so but any colder and it just won't stay on.

hmm, shame really, I will wait until I get the hard wired kit, maybe it will be better ?

Back