Just my luck

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Got one today, cranked up computer, browsed net for 5 minutes, and now i have tried for 8 hours to get my computer back up and running.

Tried to install win 10 again on my 500 GB Nvme hard drive, and my 256 GB SSD, and i can sort of make windows install work, but then after that it all go wrong.
Some times internet dont work well though drivers are loaded for everything, and so i cant really run windows update.
and when internet work at speed and i can DL updates the computer just crash under the install of those, and then reboot and come up with a option to run Diagnostics, only that dont do anything and attempting to repair the startup sequence or boot with minimal drivers loaded dont do squat for me.

I have tried to boot install with just one of my 2 ram modules, and i have tried to install with just the target drive for windows installed.
And right now i am planning on trying to install win 7 when this attempt crash before long.

Just so you know if i go missing, all my finders and other essential equipment are still there, just the computer acting up on me.

Sounds like bad RAM

Had my own grief yesterday, a storm the night before took out our power, got up in the morning to a dead hard drive and a computer that wouldn't boot

I’ve been having some computer related issues as well.

First the charging point pogo pins on the 85 MagSafe 2 charger went black due to resistance, so did the charging DC board contact points but weren’t as bad. Cracked open the charger and got a new cable soldered on but the slight blackening on the DC board contact points messed up the replacement cable's pogo pins, cheap Chinese replacement cable. Changed the DC board and now after a week or so the slightly burnt/blackened pogo pins are starting to mess up the new DC board, it’s turned into a vicious cycle.

So currently the new DC board is almost unharmed, been charging it turned off or with the lid closed. Have ordered another replacement cable that should be arriving tomorrow, hopefully this takes care of things...

Very bad contact design by Apple, just not suitable for the 85W chargers.

Check out Louis Rossman's YouTube channel for how many design flaws in Apple products

I’ve seen many of his videos. Hope he gets his batteries back. Lol

Dont think its ram, i have tried the 2 modules one at a time, and surely both dont just die like that.
I have not come to the conclution its my GFX card thats also the only not brand new component in my computer.

I get this look during boot too, and the past days I have had a few "BSOD"
boot.jpg

Things seem to be okay as long as I dont try and install the GFX driver.

Sadly I dont have a spare GFX card, so I will have to buy some cheap garbage tomorrow to test this with.
just my luck, I was hoping this 570GTX would last until I could buy a new AMD gfx card of the up coming line.

SIGH :(

display card would be the next most likely, it's all good until they go to load video drivers, that's when it will fall over if it's RAM or display card at fault

yeah.
at least I can get a cheap 1080p card for 500 DKkr or so.

Okay maybe not 500 DKkr, more like 1000 - 1500.

Have you tried booting in ‘safe mode’ ?

You could just delete Windows 10, then load up Linux Mint (It's free). If you absolutely must have Windows 7 you could have a dual boot system (Mint & Windows 7).

It sounds like you (or the system) have the wrong graphics drivers loaded, check which drivers are being loaded/used.

Last edited:
So today i am 12 hours into a session to get my computer up and running, with a new GFX card.

And still i have not been able to get the damn windows to take a nvidia driver, but otherwise the computer are fine.
I have even re-flashed the bios too as one one on the internet mentioned that might work for some, but i just don't get this Microsoft and Nvidia must be laughing their ass off.
And i have tried all the other tricks google search can come up with regarding my issue aside for the mentioned smart drivers tools mentioned some places.

Really pissed off the ATI card i had planned to get today wasent in stock after all so had to get another nvidia card. ( unsure if the issue are also there with ATI drivers.

If you don't mind my asking , why do you need Windows so badly? 12 hr session is way to long to be working with a frustrating situation like you are doing, if you keep this up you are liable to have a heart attack, walk away from it and relax.

I found out my ISP and a lot others had massive problems last evening & night, so no wonder updating took so long.
I now have a fully operational system and even my GFX card and screen are detected as what they actually are.

Today i have installed programs, and bench marked / put load on the CPU and GPU and, aside for not yet having set the profile for the 5 fans everything are sweet again.
My one game ( railway empire ) and video editing suite are also performing as i would expect with a new and while "cheap" still more powerful than my old 570GTX card,,,, and its just half the size and only have one 6 pin power plug where the old GFX card was 2 X 6 pin.
Went to bed at 5 AM this morning, just letting the computer do what it wanted to, and so after waking up and finding computer needed a scheduled reboot, once that was done and a few additional lightning fast updates i was back up and running.
Believe me i had the TV running last night, and i was looking more at that then the PC screen.

Normally i don't get in a situation like that as i have build computers for a long time, and also sorted my problems out with them on my own,,,,,, but Tuesday and Wednesday was a right old pain for sure, compounded by me having to use money i don't really have,,,, again.

If i was like other people i would just use my phone, but i personally feel stupid just looking at it, and that's probably why i don't look at that little screen for more than 5 minutes a day on average.

Today just for the hell of it i Downloaded my pinnacle studio 22 ultimate, instead of using the files already on my computer somewhere, did that downloading between 23 and 25 MB/s, and 4 seconds for 100 megabytes i can live with :) even if it was a few gigabytes of data i had to get again.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA Off Topic 4
Back