Just recieved my a119 and i got some questions

winkawak

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Where can i find the latest firmware? i cant seem to find them on their website.
2. I know what loop recording does but does time lapse do?
3. What is wide dynamic range and should i turn it on?
4. What frequency should i set it at?

Here is the latest beta version. They don't put beta versions on their website.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A119/firmware/A119_FW_0813.zip
Frequency should be set to 60HZ for US.
WDR should help in low light situations. You should try on and off and see what you prefer.
Time Lapse will record certain video frames. You can set how often the camera records a frame in the menu. You can see videos online to get a better idea of what it does.

Here is the latest beta version. They don't put beta versions on their website.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A119/firmware/A119_FW_0813.zip
Frequency should be set to 60HZ for US.
WDR should help in low light situations. You should try on and off and see what you prefer.
Time Lapse will record certain video frames. You can set how often the camera records a frame in the menu. You can see videos online to get a better idea of what it does.

thanks, just to be sure after i extract the file do i just drop it into memory card and not dcim folder?

thanks, just to be sure after i extract the file do i just drop it into memory card and not dcim folder?
Yeah, copy the .bin file onto the root directory of the card (not in any folder). Make sure camera is off when you insert card. Start camera and you'll see some slow flashing lights followed by fast flashing lights. Camera will restart and automatically delete .bin file. You should then go into the menu and default your settings. That's it.

Reactions: Mtz
Yeah, copy the .bin file onto the root directory of the card (not in any folder). Make sure camera is off when you insert card. Start camera and you'll see some slow flashing lights followed by fast flashing lights. Camera will restart and automatically delete .bin file. You should then go into the menu and default your settings. That's it.
So far i like the a119 alot but one weird thing is if you delete all your stuff in playlist youre stuck on a no image warn screen with no way to go back other than turn the device off.

So far i like the a119 alot but one weird thing is if you delete all your stuff in playlist youre stuck on a no image warn screen with no way to go back other than turn the device off.
Not sure I understand. Your referring to while your in play mode? If you delete your videos in play mode you get "stuck" on a warning screen? Can't say I've deleted files that way. Why not just format the card in the camera?

Not sure I understand. Your referring to while your in play mode? If you delete your videos in play mode you get "stuck" on a warning screen? Can't say I've deleted files that way. Why not just format the card in the camera?
i mean when you save your photo or video and if they go into play mode and delete them youll end up with a no image warning screen with no way to go back.

OK, I just tested it on the original firmware and your right. You get stuck on the no image screen. Did you test this on the latest beta version?

OK, I just tested it on the original firmware and your right. You get stuck on the no image screen. Did you test this on the latest beta version?
yes same thing, im surprised no one discovered this.

yes same thing, im surprised no one discovered this.
Yeah, like Jokiin said, deleting files on the camera like that would be tedious. Especially if your card is full. Most would just format.

@viofo
winkawak found the bug above.

@viofo
winkawak found the bug above.

I have few more questions i would like to be sure about
When collision happens does a119 automatically lock the footage?
Manual states leaving g sensor to low does it still apply to the latest firmware?
If i see something interesting on the road, does pressing emergency button saves the footage?

1. When collision happens does a119 automatically lock the footage?
2. Manual states leaving g sensor to low does it still apply to the latest firmware?
3. If i see something interesting on the road, does pressing emergency button saves the footage?

1. if G-Sensor is on yes
2. higher settings will trigger more easily and you'll get things that aren't real events saved
3. yes

1. if G-Sensor is on yes
2. higher settings will trigger more easily and you'll get things that aren't real events saved
3. yes
I wonder if my 500 rms subwoofer will be a problem with g sensor
Does emergency button when pressed saves the video immediately and record begins at how many minutes of loop i set it on? and stops recording after loop duration?

Last edited:
New A119.20160829.V1.1 firmware released...

http://www.viofo.com/home/30-a119-1080p-60fps-dash-cam.html

/***********************************************************************************************
Date:2016-08-29
Version:A119.160829.V1.1
/***********************************************************************************************
1.Added: Speed Unit Option: MPH and KPH;
2.Added: GPS info Stamp: Speed, Coordinate, All Info, Off
3.Added: Display Customize Text on video;
4.Added: The DOT . as option in customize text/car license number list
5.Added: Model stamp option: On and Off
6.Added: Turkey Language
7.Improved: No card format warning after read files on computer
8.Improved: Reduce night time video noise and optimize metering
9.Improved: Removed setting prompt for language and date/time for first-time use.
10.Improved: Default date time changed to firmware release time
11.Improved: Update the menu string text.
12.Changed: Default time-zone is GMT +0, default frequency is 50Hz.
13.Changed: LDWS/FCWS only works in 1080P 30fps mode due to hardware limitation
14.Changed: Time-lapse video duration is 2mins
15.Fixed: Screen turned on while motion detected and start recording in screen save mode

Do i need to default my settings after every firmware update?
Has anyone reported subwoofer problems with the a119 g sensor?

Do i need to default my settings after every firmware update?
Has anyone reported subwoofer problems with the a119 g sensor?
Viofo has recommended that users default the settings after updates.
Can't say I've heard anyone having an issue with a subwoofer. Are you? Not sure it would activate the G sensor, but I guess if it's set high enough it might. If your getting locked files, try lowering the sensitivity.

Can't say I've heard anyone having an issue with a subwoofer. Are you? Not sure it would activate the G sensor, but I guess if it's set high enough it might. If your getting locked files, try lowering the sensitivity.
Been raining heavily lately, tropical storm to be exact so i havent been out with my car or dash cam yet. Tomorrow weather should get better, maybe ill test it out then.

Subwoofer doesnt seem to be interfering with g sensor which is surprising as my sub gets pretty loud causing the whole car to vibrate :D.
One thing i noticed when im in pc mode, in DCIM folder my emergency recording is under "RO" and my loop video files are just scattered under DCIM it doesnt have its own folder "movie" like it says in the manual.

Back