Large Capacity Cards

MedicalFlyer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C Lens, Mini 0906, SG9663DC Pro, A229 Plus
Hi,

I've been considering replacing my Mobius cam for a while and I've got a Mini 0906 on the way as I saw it at a bargain price on eBay (http://r.ebay.com/YkXX00). Hopefully it'll not a be a fake but I thought it's worth a try at the price (£85.40 when purchased). Just hope it's not too visible in my car either. My mobius is pretty much invisible to the outside thanks to the remote lens option. It's a shame you can't do ith with the newer one.

I'm not sure what MicroSD I have in my mobius other than a 64gb that's been through a few phones before ending up there. It's still working perfectly without any problems but the card must be quite old now and in need of retiring.
I'm going to a 128gb Samsung EVO plus for now as I've seen them recommend around these parts.
I'm wondering if anyone could confirm if 200gb or 256gb cards work at all as a 128gb would not cover a week's driving for me.

Just for work I do 4 days a week with a minimum hour each way. So the 7 hours or so at the highest settings will start to overwrite in that time. Not a problem if I remember to back up anything that requires it but a bit more would be nicer.

That's what I'm going with for now. But it'll be nice to know if I could go for a larger 200gb of 256gb in the future just for a bit more peace of mind

1hour driving will take 12GB, then 2 trip multiply 4 days will be 96 hours. A 128GB card will be fine for your driving recording.
But if you want to use parking guard, it will take more space. 22hours*4days + 24hours*3days=160hours parking, this will take 128GB.

Thanks Rayman.
Im not planning on using the parking guard features at the moment but would it be possible to use a 200gb or 256gb card at all?

My car is rarely left parked on my days off so the extra space would always be useful

technically, the SDXC cards can be up to 2TB.
but a larger capacity will increase the pressure to address and over loop the old files.

So not impossible but could put a strain on the camera firmware and processor given the amount of files?

Hopefully I'll have the camera in a few days and be able to start experimenting with fitting.

Hi,

I've been considering replacing my Mobius cam for a while and I've got a Mini 0906 on the way as I saw it at a bargain price on eBay (http://r.ebay.com/YkXX00). Hopefully it'll not a be a fake but I thought it's worth a try at the price (£85.40 when purchased). Just hope it's not too visible in my car either. My mobius is pretty much invisible to the outside thanks to the remote lens option. It's a shame you can't do ith with the newer one.

I'm not sure what MicroSD I have in my mobius other than a 64gb that's been through a few phones before ending up there. It's still working perfectly without any problems but the card must be quite old now and in need of retiring.
I'm going to a 128gb Samsung EVO plus for now as I've seen them recommend around these parts.
I'm wondering if anyone could confirm if 200gb or 256gb cards work at all as a 128gb would not cover a week's driving for me.
Am using it in 180p 30fps recording mode in dual channel mode always.

For me 10 minutes video from front cam alone is 1.4 gb file. Rear cam also contributes a file nearly to that for the same time.

Am keeping superfine mode in cloudy white balance. I havent tried other recording modes. Camera can support maximum of 128 gb as per the specs.

Read write process is heavy for this cam as its dual channel. I can feel the card smoking hot if am taking it out after a couple of hours drive. So better get a reliable high performance card.

Am using samsung evo 128gb, not sure how long it will hold, going good as of now.

Roughly around 6 or 7 hours drive i can use this card and then it needs to be emptied out if the clips are meant to be kept.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Am using it in 180p 30fps recording mode in dual channel mode always.

For me 10 minutes video from front cam alone is 1.4 gb file. Rear cam also contributes a file nearly to that for the same time.

Am keeping superfine mode in cloudy white balance. I havent tried other recording modes. Camera can support maximum of 128 gb as per the specs.

Read write process is heavy for this cam as its dual channel. I can feel the card smoking hot if am taking it out after a couple of hours drive. So better get a reliable high performance card.

Am using samsung evo 128gb, not sure how long it will hold, going good as of now.

Roughly around 6 or 7 hours drive i can use this card and then it needs to be emptied out if the clips are meant to be kept.

Correction: 1080p 30fps

128GB is 4 times of 32GB, so.... 1.8hour*4=7.2hour hahahah
1522483541810.png

Just removed my mobius from the car as I'm soon to change vehicles and wanted to get a head start on removing things. Turns out that has an old SanDisk 64.gb that held just under 8 hours so the 128gb in the 0906 with the higher bitrate shouldn't be drastically less at the reported 7 hours.

Received the 0906 yesterday and had a wuick play around on my desk. Will wait to fit it in the new car to really test it.

I have tested 200GB Sandisk card and it does not work. Card is detected, camera can format card, but cant recording and detect wrong remaining time. After each insert, or when I try to start record, format card is offered.

Attachments

• IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 14
I have tested 200GB Sandisk card and it does not work. Card is detected, camera can format card, but cant recording and detect wrong remaining time. After each insert, or when I try to start record, format card is offered.
same as here cost me $55 and did not worked out!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
9 mini0906 2
T mini0906 10
Back