Last SoCal Sunset of 2023, via Glendora Ridge Road & Glendora Mountain Road

DigitalCorpus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Vantrue N4 Pro
Nothing special here. Went up to my local range due to seeing some clouds in it. Decided to see how my car handled the road since I've only had it for 3 months, and since my N4P is attached, decided to take it for a drive too. Wasn't disappointment.

Road entrance:

Driving through a cloud and stopped for photos:

Quick shot from the stop
2023.12.31-GRR-Stop.jpg

Subsequent clip from my 5D Mark IV where I stopped:

Corner carving with a friendly truck who knew the route in the dark of night:

Hope y'all had a good 2023

Hi DC,

Just a personal opinion here, but to me, you were just a tad too close, especially on such a dark night & twisting, unknown road.

He/they would've been partially blinded & distracted by your head lights at every bump & turn.

I would've backed off just a wee bit further, just be be safe & could use my high beams.

Anyway, just my personal opinion.

BTW....Did you happen to see that car parked on the right of the left corner?

I've been on that road a few times before, just not after sunset. The image processing of the file makes it look pitch black out, but it wasn't. I was keeping distance such that I could nearly always see his tailights and front wheels and the dashcam has a better vantage point that I. My highs were only effective on the straights, switching them manually was a safety issue, and the auto high/off feature wasn't fast enough for any oncoming so I disabled it. Though valid, each headlamp has 2 sets of emitters so these headlights are easier on the eyes for their lumen output.

Which video and which left corner? There are many...

Hi DC,
The last video "Carving" at around 1 min 07 secs.

Plus there are quite a few largish boulders strewn around on the inside of many of the corners.

Wouldn't want to collect one of those at night.

Worse than hitting a koala down here, but not as bad as a kangaroo or wallaby.

Stay safe & Happy New Year to all.

Yeah, we both slowed down for that one and I hugged the divider line because of how close to the road they had parked.

Back