LED Meaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR650_DR600
Hi,

This lunch time when I went home, my camera didn't do the usual "Blackvue For your safety" message.

When I looked up, it only had a solid red LED. light. It wasn't recording.

I took the power off, then reapplied power and it started working as normal.

Does anyone know what this means? Just a glitch? I only happened to look because I'm used to hearing the welcome message.

In the couple months I have had mine it did this also a couple times. Also a few times it would say Blackvue for your safety and then a few minutes later repeated again. Has not happened since installed Alexsoll's custom firmware touch wood.

Then between us I suspect its a Bug in the Blackvue firmware. Only thing I did different was I used a brand new SD Card when I installed firmware. I bought a couple Sandisk 16GB class 10 cards and have had no issues since. For me the change since custom firmware has been huge and only thing I would like is an option to turn off event recording. Blackvue will never bring higher bit rate or any other features so it is what it is. Hope you sort it.

Yes, I would tend to agree. I'm using a brand new 64Gb Delkin, formatted FAT32 on my Mac with 32K cluster, so all should be good.

If it persists, I'll swap out the 64Gb card for a 16Gb card and try it out.

I am not using bigger than 16Gb as see no need to have hours of useless footage on card and 16Gb are cheap enough to buy and swap out if card issues arise or want to save incident. I only use the Blackvue for formatting. Have not formatted since I installed custom firmware and all has been ok.

How many hours do you get on your 16Gb.

The only reason I wanted bigger is if I capture a crash say on an 8 hour drive, I wouldn't want it overwritten. (I would use WiFi but it's sooooo slow on my iPhone.)

Only a couple hours but I actually have two spare in the car. I have an Ipad mini which I carry with me with the SD card reader connector so I can pop Micro SD into Normal SD adapter and save. Much quicker. The Blackvue does a lot but is lacking in usability in those areas as you know.

Mines been frozen blue, When I checked the card it stopped recording at some point earlier that day.

Hi,

This lunch time when I went home, my camera didn't do the usual "Blackvue For your safety" message.

When I looked up, it only had a solid red LED. light. It wasn't recording.

I took the power off, then reapplied power and it started working as normal.

Does anyone know what this means? Just a glitch? I only happened to look because I'm used to hearing the welcome message.

Hi there,

Regular formatting of the SD card using the device (holding down WiFi button for 10secs) should help prevent this problem.

We would also recommend trying a different SD card as it seems there is some issue with the card & the cameras ability to read & write data to it.

Please contact your local distributor for further support,

Thank you.

Hi there,

Regular formatting of the SD card using the device (holding down WiFi button for 10secs) should help prevent this problem.

Thank you.

I have recently had the exact same problem as this. The red light would stay on and it would not record. Even after two separate trips where the car was turned off and then restarted, same issue.

If you format the card via the device itself, will Alexsoll's custom firmware still be installed on the Blackvue? Has anyone else had this problem with Alexsoll's firmware?

Edit: The Micro SD card I am using is a Samsung 64gb Class 10.

If you format the card via the device itself, will Alexsoll's custom firmware still be installed on the Blackvue? Has anyone else had this problem with Alexsoll's firmware?

Edit: The Micro SD card I am using is a Samsung 64gb Class 10.

I format mine in the device regularly and Alexsoll's custom firmware remains. The custom firmware is not the issue and primarily increases bitrate. I myself have had no issue except to say I have had light stay on once and I pulled out cig lighter adapter and pushed back in and no problem since. I'll be happy when all dash cam makers move away from cig lighter plugs and move to USB cables. My SD card is Sandisk 16gb Ultra. Works well.

I format mine in the device regularly and Alexsoll's custom firmware remains... My SD card is Sandisk 16gb Ultra. Works well.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep an eye on how it's going. If the problem still persists I'll try it with a different SD card to see if that is the issue.

Back