Lexar MicroSD issue

mwangubc

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I have been using a Sandisk 32GB microSD card since I bought my a119 v3 last September without any issue. Last week I bought a Laxar 633X 128GB microSD card. It worked for about 4 or 5 days until some issues occurred. The recording button started to flash very fast during recording. I tried to restart and format. Neither works. When I check the video files on my computer, some files are normal, while others are significantly shorter and smaller size then the regular one (I set the recording time 2 minutes for each file, but those files are only like 30 or 40 seconds). those shorter files can't be opened by any player so basically they are broken. I replaced the card in store with a same model. After 3 or 4 days, exact the same thing occurs again! I tried the card in my DV and it works. I don't think both cards are broken. and my dashcam still work with the Sandisk 32GB one. I suspect they dashcam has compatibility issues with the Laxar one but they did work well in the first a couple of days, which is really odd. Anyone has similar experience?

Yes I would probably return it and stick to my Sandisk. No wonder the lexar one is much cheaper. Since both cards works well in the beginning, I'd say the durability is terrible.

Yes I would probably return it and stick to my Sandisk. No wonder the lexar one is much cheaper. Since both cards works well in the beginning, I'd say the durability is terrible.
Which model SanDisk?

SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter - 98MB/s U1 A1 - SDSQUAR-032G-GN6MA
got in last September. Works well so far.
if you want to go to a larger size would suggest the SDSQQNR-128G-GN6IA

if you want to go to a larger size would suggest the SDSQQNR-128G-GN6IA
Thanks. Will get it.
Btw, I searched similar topics in the forum. Apparently the Lexar is not the original one since late 2018 when it was acquired by Longsys. Several Lexar users have issues with it. I think the writing speed can't last for a long time use so the dash cam will have issues to write with a certain speed. My bitrate is medium.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skeezix A119 V3 1