Livue LB100. Android korean Application translated strings

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad (the best dashcam in the world!)
These are the settings for the Android application for Livue LB100 but only for the korean version of the camera which can be found here, but only korean language is available.
So if you bought this dashcam and is in korean and want to set it you can use the screenshots (all containing default camera values).
But also you will obtain more information about it and see how this camera can fit your needs.

If you have the english version of the Livue LB100, go here.

[hidden] [Broken External Image]:[URL]http://thumbnails106.imagebam.com/23268/6e6473232672539.jpg[/url] [/hidden]

All submenus are in order, so you can better guess your settings looking to the korean menu.

Some comments about the settings based on the number of screenshot:
6. Special framerate for parking mode is so nice, saving the space at half if using 15fps.
7. Interesting if you want to save only the events and have on your card very old footage which will be not deleted so easy by the loop feature
11. Again interesting. But I don't know who will erase the parking and events when card allocation space for these 2 features is full. Maybe event will delete another event and parking another parking? If yes, this is smart.
12. Pff, I hope not some korean girl will tell me to do some incomprehensible things
14. This is good, Itronics have only 1 minute which can be annoying. I think better is 1min, 2mins, 3mins, 5mins, 10mins, 15mins.
20. Maybe more fine tuning for parking mode based on motion detect? Battery voltage, engine running? Or the camera will normally record also in parking mode?
21-22. This is a great power saving feature. If you want to use the camera always on and just forget about it, when it is in parking mode for longer time and you want to be sure the battery will not go empty, you can press any option. Usually, a normal used battery will not go empty in 48 hours if the camera is on and in parking mode. But if you will put the Shutdown delay to Always on, Livue take care of your battery again: if the battery voltage will go down to 11.8V for more than 30 seconds, the camera will turn off. Great, no? Itronics, Blacvue or FineVu are selling a special gadget for $50 which provide the same feature.

Some pictures about this camera:
filelink.godohosting.com_blackbox_livue_lb100_1_.jpg

filelink.godohosting.com_blackbox_livue_lb100_2_.jpg

Video1 - day
Video2 - night

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Livue LB100 english software translated settings

Thanks for sharing Mtz. Will help anyone with the Livue LB100.

Re: Livue LB100 english software translated settings

Just wanted to bump this thread since Mtz was able to find it for $100. I updated the title so that more people will see it.

It is a 720p dash cam with GPS optional but it has G-sensor and parking mode. It looks quite discrete as well.

For anyone interested, as Mtz mentioned, lightnspace on eBay has it for $100.

Re: Livue LB100, Now $100, english software translated setti

I found the GPS module on some korean site for about $27 (30000KRW). It is expensive compared to the camera price. That module is just some GPS antenna and a correct price can be $10-15. I will wait a response from the ebay seller about the GPS antenna price.

enjoy,
Mtz

Re: Livue LB100. Now $100, english software translated setti

My LB100 just arrived. Looking at the English manual V300HD_Manual_eng_V0.2.pdf from the winycam site since the included paper manual is in Korean.

Update: the sd card has an English manual. You install the viewer, click 'find' to set the location of the config file, then click 'config' to set the options.

How does this device actually attach to the vehicle? Presumably there's a suction cup option, but the illustrations all show a flat-topped arm with no suction cup. I read through the manufacturer information and could not find anything relating to this. This seems like a fairly important detail...why isn't it included anywhere?

korbas12 said:
How does this device actually attach to the vehicle? Presumably there's a suction cup option, but the illustrations all show a flat-topped arm with no suction cup. I read through the manufacturer information and could not find anything relating to this. This seems like a fairly important detail...why isn't it included anywhere?

You can see from this photo the DVR holder bracket is a ball which allows rotation of the DVR. The entire mount is affixed via 3M mounting tape to the windscreen. You will need to find or improvise alternative mounts if the original mount does not suit your ride.
7fa5d2239575165.jpg

Many cameras are using adhesive tape. The suction cups are just too big.
A normal dash cam must always record so is no reason to have a suction cup because a dash cam don't need to be mounted or unmounted when driving.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Many cameras are using adhesive tape. The suction cups are just too big.
A normal dash cam must always record so is no reason to have a suction cup because a dash cam don't need to be mounted or unmounted when driving.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you happen to live in a neighborhood with people who have sticky fingers and can't keep their hands off other peoples property you will/do
need a means of removing the dash cam quickly when parking at shopping centers etc., same goes for GPS's hence the suction cup mounts.

I can fully appreciate owners wanting a suction cup mount to be able to remove their dash cam from full view of thieves.

As you can see in the picture from the previous post, even the Livue mount is stuck on the windshield, you can take out the camera. I know for ITB-100HD is not possible to make this easy, but for Livue is.
I agree with the safety of the car because of a dash camera. I hope someday manufacturers will understand that the smart users want a very small camera, maybe just the lens module (which must to be very small) to stay on their windshield and the recorder in another place.
But this will not happen because most of the people want
- a camera with display (to see... what?)
- a camera which is easy to mount no matter if this is not OK for them (mount in 30 seconds, but taking care or unmounting it for the rest of their life, day by day trip by trip)
- a camera which can be mounted in the middle of the windshield (and feel like a brave cop in some fantastic mission)
- a big camera looking like some James Cameron or some police camera just to show to other people how brave they are in their $500 car with their $30 dashcam.
When people will change and become smart regarding the utility of a dash cam, the manufacturers will change because at least one of them is smart.
A dashcam must to be in the car like the spare wheel (or spare tyre?). You feel comfortable because is there for the day when you will need it. The same for a dashcam and the best for the owner is to not need it ever. So why to keep it in the windshield and mounting and unmounting it every time you drive? I am sure that owner someday will be bored about this. And what if someday he forgot to mount the dashcam and the event happened?

enjoy,
Mtz

Re: Livue LB100. Android korean Application translated strin

I just have one issue; I don't see an option for the number of hours for parking mode; it is either yes or no. What am I missing?

I don't think is such option, or exists.

enjoy,
Mtz

is the option 'shut down delay' from teh Android application that you show; i don't have that option when i download the app; this is what i am referring to :(

Oh, I understand now. Maybe this option is not available anymore and some users reported in the Livue thread that this function is not working as expected.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back