LK-7900 time lapse sample

gongloo

Reaction score
Got my Lukas LK-7900 installed on Saturday just in time for a car show on Sunday. The car show lasted several hours, but leaving the unit in 'always' recording mode with a 64GB SD card i did the trick (I disabled parking mode). Got the whole thing put together as a time lapse.

Although it came out alright, there are a few things that'd make it better, which I've already suggested to Qrontech via e-mail:

1. Allow the user to disable deletion of old files. A voice prompt and flashing display could be used to indicate when the SD card is full. When documenting a long event, it would be nice to not worry about the device automatically deleting old files when out of room.
  2. Provide options (checkboxes) to enable or disable any of the several pieces of data displayed at the bottom of the video. Some items, such as speed, the mode 'always', total distance covered, voltage, etc. are irrelevant and distracting in this use case.
  3. Provide options for lower frame rates coupled with longer shutter times. A longer shutter would add more motion blur, which is desirable when converting into time-lapse media. Something along the lines of, say, 1fps and 1/5s shutter speed would be really nice, but even better if both the fps and the shutter speed are configurable.

Here's hoping they'll address these suggestions in a future firmware update. That having been said, I'm quite pleased with the unit as-is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back