Loads of locked / read only files

redrevis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have parking guard turned on and for some reason I'm getting LOADS of locked/read only clips. I have turned the g-sensor sensitivity down to low, but all of the locked clips seem to be when the car is stationary and parked anyway. For example, for the front camera there's currently 3150 clips in total. 937 are locked. For the rear camera, there's 3149 clips. 1504 are locked. That's 22GB worth of clips that are locked!!

Can anyone think why this would be? It's not going to be much good if such huge chunks of the SD card are taken up by unnecessarily locked clips that can't be overwritten unless unlocked on the PC or the card is formatted.

I have the same experiencewith my 0906-dual. Only stationary recordings I can see, recordings while riding are all " corrupt".
I have returned my 0906 cameras to the manufacturer in China and I'm awayting new ones.( as promissed by them).
The GPS-file remained empty all the time!!

I am having the same issue. The read-only clip use most of the SD card's storage.

in curent setting, the triggered parking guard videos are protected from loop recording, so there will be a lot of Read Only files from parking guard function.
do you think this is necessary?

I have the same experiencewith my 0906-dual. Only stationary recordings I can see, recordings while riding are all " corrupt".
The GPS-file remained empty all the time!!

the corrupt files means the files are damaged and can't play?
that is quite strange, i can only assume the power supply is not stable for now; the camera is forced to power on and off frequently so the files are not finished correctly.

in curent setting, the triggered parking guard videos are protected from loop recording, so there will be a lot of Read Only files from parking guard function.
do you think this is necessary?

No, I don't think it is necessary to lock the videos that triggered by motion. I have over 50% of my storage locked by motion in 2 days. If would make more sense to lock video triggered by G-sensor only, or at least give us the options to chose.
Regular users would not want to format SD card every 2 days.

No, I don't think it is necessary to lock the videos that triggered by motion. I have over 50% of my storage locked by motion in 2 days. If would make more sense to lock video triggered by G-sensor only, or at least give us the options to chose.

Agreed, this would be a more useful / logical method of recording day to day.

Agreed, this would be a more useful / logical method of recording day to day.

I completely agree too. No-one wants to format the card every few days just so the camera keeps recording. Please consider either removing that locking feature for parking guard files, or at the very least add it as an option we can turn off.

ok we will turn on rear camera monitoring for motion and turn off parking guard lock in next few days.
it is on holiday here in China

Back