Longest A139 pro users?

speeddemon69

Reaction score
Country
United States
My unit died after 4 months, whats the longest time you guys have had yours for? Just purchased another one in hopes that one was a fluke.

My unit died after 4 months, whats the longest time you guys have had yours for? Just purchased another one in hopes that one was a fluke.
Did u not contact VIOFO and report the failure? They would have accepted RMA and sent u a new one. 4 months would still be under warranty.

I have had a A119 V1 since late 2016, and it still works fine today.

Did u not contact VIOFO and report the failure? They would have accepted RMA and sent u a new one. 4 months would still be under warranty.

I have had a A119 V1 since late 2016, and it still works fine today.
yes thats why i am getting a new one.

I'm still using one of the originals, so about 1 year now, still working as new.

What went wrong with yours?

I ordered mine on 4th Nov 2022. I had some early problems which were resolved, probably by one of the FW updates, not sure. It was running perfectly the last time I checked.

I'm still using one of the originals, so about 1 year now, still working as new.

What went wrong with yours?
would not boot up, it had power, as light was red, but it would not boot up and it would shut off after failing multiple times. no other light were on. On the bright side looks like the new one is on a newer firmware as shown in picture below.9D72F88D-6CCD-4013-A83F-017747703564_1_102_o.jpeg

Newer firmware than your previous unit, but v1.1_0504 is behind the current publicly available version of v1.1_0629 for the A139 Pro.

Newer firmware than your previous unit, but v1.1_0504 is behind the current publicly available version of v1.1_0629 for the A139 Pro.
Ah thanks, i’ll wait for next one unless there is something important in newer one?

whats the longest time you guys have had yours for?
My retail / production unit was delivered 11/29/22, (11 months) ago and it's still going strong.
For the first 6 months I only used the camera in 1-CH configuration.
For the past 5 months I've been using it in 3-CH configuration, (2K + 1080P + 1080P 30fps).
It seemed like when the camera was operating in 1-CH configuration I had less recording malfunctions.
In 3-CH configuration sometimes I lose the Rear & Interior cameras if the Coax cables to those cameras get disturbed in any way, (by me touching / adjusting the cameras).

This thread has great timing. I ordered my A139 Pro on 11 April and it died just yesterday 19 Oct. It suddenly went into the infinite reboot of death. The camera just keeps rebooting itself.

I assume if i also had a nice big expensive Mercedes aside my dirt chap little Suzuki car, i would be more impacted if the Mercedes developed a flaw VS the cheap little car.
It suck both ways but one can and will / should suck even more, thats only natural.

At least you have a RMA process that should work a lot better than a whole other brands, so now you just have to deal with that, hence why i recommend buying local cuz then its the sellers headache.

Many years ago i did RMA on a 22" CRT screen, seller sendt me a big ass box for it, and shipping label as it was going over th Sweden to get repaired.
I was however amazed i got the screen back, BUT this due to the immense incompetence of Danish postal that handled transport here.
But the screen was 10-4 and even if this was months before end or warranty, the screen worked a decade later when i finally thought flat screens to be worthy of my money.

I've got several. The ones in my wife's car and in my car I've run since basically the dashcam came out and they've been fine.

My preproduction unit now sits on my shelf as essentially a video background prop. I've used it occasionally for things like dashcam battery runtime testing and super early testing before the retail units were available, but otherwise it isn't used much.

I've been using the duo version with the hardwire kit briefly for a few months, as a replacement for the years-old Dashcam TrueCam A6. I am satisfied. I'm tweaking the parking mode selection and sensitivity settings as needed. I'm satisfied.

I myself am still very surprised by my choice of the Viofo brand, as it is not yet a too well-known brand in the Czech Republic. I took the time to choose and I did well

Last edited:
Back