Looking for a 3-4 meter USB to mini USB lead (up angled )

soundesciple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR400G-hd II / mini 0803 / Mobius + A lens.
Hi Ppl, I have searched myself cross-eyed looking for one of these leads in the tittle and all i can find is 2 mtr ones. So must ask here on DKT. Has anyone got a link for one.
I know i could get a straight one from Joovoo.com but it would get in the way of my rear view mirror when i mount my camera. (Mobius).
I could probably get away with a left hand out, but would be less wire seen if it went straight up to the head lining.
like this but 3 mtrs
USB to Mini USB up angle.jpg
Thanks. Paul.

I have another solution for you:
Search for "161290453007" on eBay.
USB 2.0 Mini 5 Pin Female Jack to UP Angled Male Plug Short Cable Adapter 25CM
$_12.JPG

You can use the regular straight mini usb (male end) to connect to this cable and you will have the angle that you want.

If someone can find only the adapter part that has the female mini usb on top and male mini usb on 90 deg angle i will be happy to receive the link.
edit:
I need this adapter from ebay\aliexpress or any other selling sites that ships world wide - cheap shipping:
DELOCK_65097_01.png

Last edited:
I like more Left or Right angled compared to Up or Down angled.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have another solution for you:
Search for "161290453007" on eBay.
USB 2.0 Mini 5 Pin Female Jack to UP Angled Male Plug Short Cable Adapter 25CM
$_12.JPG

You can use the regular straight mini usb (male end) to connect to this cable and you will have the angle that you want.

If someone can find only the adapter part that has the female mini usb on top and male mini usb on 90 deg angle i will be happy to receive the link.
edit:
I need this adapter from ebay\aliexpress or any other selling sites that ships world wide - cheap shipping:
DELOCK_65097_01.png
Thanks nir but i already thought of that one but would prefer a single lead. ( less connections less trouble so to say ) but if I can't find one then that's the way i will have to go.

What you seek is readily available but can be relatively pricey.

www.usbfirewire.com

www.angledcables.com

eBay

I see what you mean, just what I need but not willing to pay that price for what could be a temp install. thanks for the link tho.

I like more Left or Right angled compared to Up or Down angled.

enjoy,
Mtz

Any particular reason for that?

I think it depends on he orientation of the USB port on the camera. Many have them on the sides and oriented in a direction that would make left/right angled adapters more suitable for pointing the cable up/down for a cleaner install.

KuoH

Any particular reason for that?

I could probably get away with a left hand out, but would be less wire seen if it went straight up to the head lining.

I had the very same problem and eventually ended up making my own cable. If you're handy maybe that's a solution for you?

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dyi-usb-cable.6320/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dyi-usb-cable.6320/
It aught to be a cable out there but I never managed to find me one, at least not shipped to my location for a reasonable price. Good luck hunting!

// D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help guy's. while rummaging through my cables box i found a male ~ female usb extension cable so was able to go for this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00EWMTGX4
I also knocked up a magnet mount but not sure if I'm going to use it as it looks a bit bulky, sure I can do better.
MK I.
20141002_171542.jpg
Already thinking of a MK II. when get some thinner magnets.

Back