Loop setting not working

monty

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I searched the forum and could not find an answer.

I have the setting for loop recording as on. My understanding is that with loop recording on, the camera will overwrite video files when there is no more room left on the memory card, starting with the oldest. This is 2nd time it has not done this. The camera will just turn off while I am driving because the memory card is full. I have screenshots of my settings below.

I use SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class Memory Card

Additionally, if anyone sees anything else in my settings that should also be tweaked, please let me know. :)

Thanks!

can't see anything amiss here, assuming the profile was saved and applied correctly to the camera then all you have left is to try another memory card

Maybe it's another instance of a balky SanDisk card? Try reformatting it or perhaps try another brand and type of card to rule out whether that is the problem.

Thanks for helping. Yes this profile was saved a while ago. I took the screenshots today. Loop recording is always on.

Yes, I will reformat first then move to different card. The first time I reformated using Msetup with the card in the camera. That is the best way, no?

Other than this little hiccup the card works as it should.

there's some tests you can run on the card also, it could have issues of its own, link in my signature has further reading on memory cards with links to diagnostic software etc

I use the same SanDisk UHS class 1o cards in all three Mobius' I've owned and have never had any problems but there are many reports of problems with them as you probably know. Then again there seem to be many instances of unexplained problems in some Mobius cams but not in others. Go figure? I'm beginning to suspect there is some quirky hardware issue that has not been identified yet and it may cause problems in certain circumstances. Yes, mSetup seems to be the best way to reformat the card and it's a good idea to reformat once in awhile as a sort of preventive maintenance. I think it's always best to reformat cards in the camera no matter what brand camera or card you have. Jokiin's suggestions are certainly a good idea worth exploring, of course.

Last edited:
Off-topic, but I notice that you (monty) have Lens A set to 'narrow' Field of View (FOV).

Mobius A has possibly the narrowest FOV of any camera in popular use as a dashcam.

The HFOV is 85° in wide mode, reducing to 75° in narrow mode. The most highly respected dashcams have much wider FOVs, e.g. Panorama II/S at 140°.

Narrow mode will inevitably reduce the amount of peripheral evidence recorded, e.g. the car that suddenly pulls out of a side road into your path.

If narrow mode is your preference then fine, just thought it worth mentioning.

In my camera i have to format the Sd Card with sdformatter 4.0 first to get overwriting to work, this goes for both 16-32- and my 64 Gb sd Card.

Brands: Kingston - Lexar - sandisk

I don't have mobius, but try this

use formater 4 "not quick erase" as per kamkar..
if formatter indicates it can't...due to card won't allow it. and does a quick erase.
you need to use win7 to format to default, then use formatter again to fat32. adjusted "on"

FYI, this was the post kamkar1 put on another thread about his 64GB card, which I think is the one that cf7 is referring to:-
The 64 Gb Kingston SDXC Card Works just fine in the mobius, and it loop and overwrite as it is is supposed to. :)

You just have to format the SD Card with SDformatter 4.0, using the settings FULL ( erase ) and format size adjustment ON.
I can confirm that this worked for me with my Mobius.:) I use both 64GB and 32GB Kingston cards.

I have had no issues with Kingston cards http://www.kingston.com/en/flash & I always buy from one of their recommended suppliers or links from their website to avoid getting landed with a fake.

Good luck.

Hi. I searched the forum and could not find an answer.

I have the setting for loop recording as on. My understanding is that with loop recording on, the camera will overwrite video files when there is no more room left on the memory card, starting with the oldest. This is 2nd time it has not done this. The camera will just turn off while I am driving because the memory card is full. I have screenshots of my settings below.

I use SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class Memory Card

Additionally, if anyone sees anything else in my settings that should also be tweaked, please let me know. :)

Thanks!

Try formatting the card in the camera and creating a new Create Profile. This time setting it to wide angle (As someone has suggested) if using as a dash camera.

Then make sure you hit
Set Parameters.

This is what I neglected to do initially and wondered why it was not doing what I had set it out to do. :oops:

Sorry if I am telling you how to suck eggs but worth a mention I thought. ;)

Try formatting the card in the camera and creating a new Create Profile. This time setting it to wide angle (As someone has suggested) if using as a dash camera.

Then make sure you hit Set Parameters.

This is what I neglected to do initially and wondered why it was not doing what I had set it out to do. :oops:

Sorry if I am telling you how to suck eggs but worth a mention I thought. ;)
I take it you are aware that you do not normally need to create a profile. Profiles are used for storing different sets of parameter values making it easy to change the camera settings to previously defined values.
If you change various parameters then it's useful to store the parameters as a profile instead of trying to figure them out again later. Profiles are upwards and downwards compatible between firmware versions - within limits.

I take it you are aware that you do not normally need to create a profile. Profiles are used for storing different sets of parameter values making it easy to change the camera settings to previously defined values.
If you change various parameters then it's useful to store the parameters as a profile instead of trying to figure them out again later. Profiles are upwards and downwards compatible between firmware versions - within limits.

Yep! But thanks for putting it in a clearer fashion. :D

I found it helpful to create different Profiles for different set ups and name them accordingly. Which finally started to work after learning to click Set Parameters thanks to help here. ;)

Hey folks!

I don't know why but I did not get updates via email with the new replies :(

So it seems to be working fine now. I guess the reformatting worked. Very strange.

Thank you everyone for your imput!

Off-topic, but I notice that you (monty) have Lens A set to 'narrow' Field of View (FOV).

Mobius A has possibly the narrowest FOV of any camera in popular use as a dashcam.

The HFOV is 85° in wide mode, reducing to 75° in narrow mode. The most highly respected dashcams have much wider FOVs, e.g. Panorama II/S at 140°.

Narrow mode will inevitably reduce the amount of peripheral evidence recorded, e.g. the car that suddenly pulls out of a side road into your path.

If narrow mode is your preference then fine, just thought it worth mentioning.
Thank you! :)

Back