Lost PC & Pnone connections that worked fine for months.

ajw1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Now Viofo 119S. Was Mobius Action Cam
Fast losing the will to live on this one, Apart from the camera not working when temperature is around 3Deg C. I now have another problem.

I have removed the camera from the car and tried to get it working inside in the warm. I have removed the Super Cap’ and replaced it with the 820mAh battery, I can record from the camera with no power lead connected, take out the SD card and play the video on the PC using an SD/USB drive.

I have been using a lead from the PC to the camera since I got the camera last March and have no problems with the camera and using Msetup to change settings.

I have also been using the Lindy OTG lead for the same time with my Samsung S3 and the Mobius Action Cam app to do the same.

As of now neither lead will work with the Mobius setups either Msetup and PC or Mobius Action Cam and camera. When either lead is now connected the Yellow LED and rear Red LED remain on, which seems to be standby. M and Shutter button don’t work.

If I plug in the SD Card to the PC using the SD/USB drive, Msetup sees the card but reports VID=05E3, PID=0749 Device Not Supported, then, on more information; VID~ Genesys Logic, Inc

So, I can record although date and time are wrong. Msetup can ‘see’ the SDcard but not when in the camera. My Samsung cannot see the camera either. But the connecting leads worked fine until today.

Any suggestions to where to start looking for the cause?

I have also tried the reset button but no joy with that either.

No Further with this, I also have tried to use the SYSCFG.TXT as per the instructions: Disconnect from PC/Hold M button/Hold P button/checked red LED/Release.
Opened SD card in Windows 10, no text file.
Checked SD card in CMD (Admin) only two folders shown. There is no text file on the SD card.
This is what I see when using mSetup on my PC:
Mobius mSetup.JPG
So my PC can see the card but cannot make any changes, the camera works from the SDcard, the power button starts the camera recording with no leads attached. When poer lead attached the camera goes into standby mode. I have tried connecting the power lead after the camera has started recording and the green LED flashes like mad while the yellow and red LED flash at the normal 1 per sec.

If anyone can shed any light on what may be wrong or on what to do - other than bin it, which is what I'm thinking! - would be greatly appreciated. The leads I am using are the same as I have used for many months.

Coupled with the other problem you've had, a hardware issue seems almost certain. If you're still under warranty I'd use it ;) Sans warranty, a new circuit board is under $50USD and is almost a certain fix.

Phil

I too think its a hardware issue, tried all sorts of ways with about two of everything that is not 'fixed' leads, S/Caps, batteries, SD cards from two manufactures. $5o is around £41 or half the cost of an A119 camera new. maybe see if I can find a secondhand Mobius on eBay to use as a backup with the other Mobius bits I have.

Back