Low voltage cut-off disable

2dorake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is there any possibility to disable the low voltage cut-off on SGDCHW? Because my car detect as high rate discharge battery I'm using an external battery for parking mode, used also as jump starter when needed. The problem is at 92% the SGDCHW is cutting the power to the dashcam even if I set the limit at 11.8v. Is there any circuit board schematics and some directions to disable the battery discharge protection?

Is TACKLIFE T8 Jump Starter, 800A... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07BGVKJW9The charging port of the battery is connected to the ACC so is starting to charge when I start the car, the yellow wire of the hardwire kit is connected to the 12v port of battery and all grounds together with the car ground. At first I thought that something is wrong, maybe the battery is not delivering any power to the dashcam then I tested by disconnecting the yellow wire, that causing stopping the dashcam working. Then to test my theory about the cutoff being the culprit I have recharged the battery with the wall socket and then installed back to the car. Same thing happened, at 92% battery the dascam stopped recording in parking mode.
I'll be happy if can bypass this protection by opening the hardwire kit and modifying the circuit board. I didn't tried yet hoping I can have a schematics of it and some info what exactly to modify there. If not probably I will buy another one and I will try to see what i can do.

have you tested the battery by wiring something to it and seeing how low it will run before cutting off, there may be some sort of protection built in the battery, what voltage is it at when it gets to 92%

No, I didn't tried I supposed that the battery should discharge as any power bank not just 8%. I will try to see what voltage is at 92%.

it's not the type of battery that would normally be used for this purpose so not sure how suitable it is

Well it can be used as power bank it has 12v port to power various things, 5v usb adaptive and another 5v USB 2A. When it doesn't have anything connected is shutting down itself.
I bought this because the hardwire kit require 12v, but if I could just to provide 5v directly to the dashcam it would be easier and cheaper so I can use any power bank and won't be any voltage drop until the battery is fully discharged.

Then no luck to me... maybe a future firmware update? will be handy for cars so sensible at any device connected overnight. My car is BMW 5 series m sport 2009

Then what do you think it can be done? You see any solution?

the Cellink NEO is a battery that is designed for this purpose. it works with three wire power supplies to correctly activate parking mode

Back