LS300W/GT300W Heat

wdkingery

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey guys.. glad i discovered this forum! how informative!

my question is about heat. the 300W says it is only to be used up till 40 degrees celcius. where i live it can get to 40, and we all know how hot that could mean the car will be inside..

so does anyone else live in a hot climate that has used this camera? how does it deal with the high temps?

Thanks!

wdkingery said:
hey guys.. glad i discovered this forum! how informative!

my question is about heat. the 300W says it is only to be used up till 40 degrees celcius. where i live it can get to 40, and we all know how hot that could mean the car will be inside..

so does anyone else live in a hot climate that has used this camera? how does it deal with the high temps?

Thanks!

I have to say that my unit (GT300W) is affected by heat, there's only 30 degrees max and image goes slightly soft when warm.
We have warm only 2 months so i try not to care :?

And this means that some units are affected, not all of them.

no way! and this is at 30 degrees?? hmm. this severely affects my decision! anyone has this same problem as Sabe?

Only issue I've noticed in the summer so far is that the battery seems to be weaker (date resets if car is not driven for 2 days of so, last file may not be saved if it's a short trip after starting car). Image quality seems the same to me (very good that is). I do however have it mounted high on the windshield and use a sun shade for the windshield so it's never exposed to direct sun when parked. I've taken the unit out of the car and charged it fully via USB for hours and it still occurs if the car is not driven daily.
So far to be honest my trusty DVR 027 has had less problems - none - zero - so far.

i know this might seem nerdy, Gurkha, but do you measure your in car temps?

wdkingery said:
i know this might seem nerdy, Gurkha, but do you measure your in car temps?

No I didn't, but we did have a recent heat wave with temps at 32-35C (90-96F) for several days though if that helps.

If you're worried about heat, I suggest you look at VivoVation TF2 series of cams. They seem to be rated the highest in terms of heat resistance.

unfortunately i guess i'm going to have to figure out a solution to the 300w and heat. the price is too good for the quality of the video, technology such as WDR, etc.

i am unable to lock my car at all, so the unit will have to come with me everytime i exit anyway. and of course i have no a/c.

i am waiting on the 550w anyway, so maybe things change then

wdkingery said:
unfortunately i guess i'm going to have to figure out a solution to the 300w and heat. the price is too good for the quality of the video, technology such as WDR, etc.

i am unable to lock my car at all, so the unit will have to come with me everytime i exit anyway. and of course i have no a/c.

i am waiting on the 550w anyway, so maybe things change then

As mentioned here http://dashcamtalk.com/ls300w/#Blurry_Picture blurry picture is not so common, but possible.
Otherwise i like it very much, especially because of night video, it is very impressive at that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back