LS300W or GT300W?

pool275

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi.

I want to buy the best camera in this price range (100-150$)

I've watched many videos on youtube and I think that DOD cams have the best image quality.

I don't know the differences between LS300W and GT300W.. the price difference is pretty big (around 40$). Which one would you recommend?

Or maybe LS400W is better?

I wanna buy it from FoxOffer.

All the best,

Paul

These cameras have the same hardware. I would save your money and get the GT300W.

DONT Ls400w , too much complains about this thing over here. :mrgreen:

GT300w seems got new revision. and have GT500w new breed.
ls300w is 34 bucks more expensive , mine never showed problem but its have no firmware update :|

LS300W has DOD logo and as previously mentioned,d - you pay 20-25% more just for printed logo. It's is 100% same as GT300W. Now it's available from FoxOffer with latest firmware and new menu interface design. This has been proven lately to be one of the best dash cams within this price range.

Last edited by a moderator:
they really confuse customers with all those numbers :D I've read the thread about GT300W, thx for the link, but I'm still not sure why is it so much cheaper if it's all the same as LS300W..

what about GT550W? also same video quality?

what about the mounting on GT300W and LS300W? Which of these has a better one?

so which one should I choose? please help me, cause I want to order tomorrow. What is the best choice up to 150$?

Well, I can tell you that I did a lot of research and tested a few dash cams which were available in Germany (including the f200 from HP). None of them was as good as the GT300W/LS300W.

I decided to get the GT300W from foxoffer.
I will tell you why I opted against the LS300W from foxoffer:

- more expensive
- no service from Dod (which is not the best even if you buy from them directly)
- same hardware as GT300W and same picture quality
- no updates (but you can update the GT300W) or if there are updates it is really complicated because Dod wants you to send them your LS300W so that they can update it. But you have to pay for shipping and have no dash cam for a few weeks. Plus they will only accept it, if you bought it from them.

And if you now wonder if you should order the GT300W or the GT550W:

- they seem to be the same as well, as the GT550W AT THE MOMENT does as well not offer a port for external GPS (which will come).
- there is only one video here where somebody used GT300W and GT550W with his Nissan. The quality looks similar, but the video is on youtube (which makes it hard to tell, as youtube compresses the videos).

So it's up to you: GT300W or GT550W. Or you wait for the GT550W with external GPS.

thx for the reply. I've decided that I'll take a GT300W as well. I can spend those saved 40$ on a good 32GB memory card. I don't need GPS, so it's an easy decision.
I've watched that video comparison (nice cars btw :p) and it looked as at the beginning the video quality of GT550W was a bit better, but then further on the video seemed better to me on GT300W.

Thanks for your help, now I'm convinced that GT300W will be the best choice for me.

GT300W is sold out and stopped production on FoxOffer.. great :/

LS300W is also sold out.

Good I ordered the GT300W yesterday ;)
Take the GT550W, schould be same hardware and same quality as GT300W.

yea, but there's not much info on the GT550W. And the videos posted on youtube aren't so great. But I guess I'd have to take a risk and get that one before it gets sold out too..

I have to say that I'm new to dash cams and don't have any experience, but I read this forum for months and checked many youtube videos.
Many people say the new GT550W has the same hardware as the old GT300W with a new layout case. Another user posted a comparision video here with both cams and it really looks like that they have the same quality. I don't know if its true but I think the GT550W is just the GT300W with GPS function (not available yet, but soon).

I also asked FoxOffer which dash cam I should buy and they answered:
"They use very similar design hardware, it's hard to tell how much difference, they both good quality and similar specification."

If I have to order now, I would take the GT550W.

Back