Lurker coming out of the shadows

Tom Guelker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been here for quite some time, gleaning valuable information from those more knowledgable than I.

My first dashcam was the Dashcam Pro, purchased long before they were pitched on TV. It worked as well as I needed it to but was a big large for my tastes. I then purchased a G1W (unknown to me it was a knockoff) which was flaky. It came in an unmarked white box, and was rife with faults. I then bought a genuine G1W from estore, and was very happy with it. Then the G1WH was introduced, and it has been my dashcam for about a year. I have a mirror mount which works great, and the dashcam is hardwired into the overhead console on my 2009 Toyota Avalon. The camera stays on while I am at work, and I have recorded several close calls but fortunately no accidents.

I am an ASE CMAT L1 MRRT and am a 1977 graduate of Ranken Tech in St. Louis.
I am employed at an independent repair shop in St. Louis, specializing in check engine lights, ABS lights, no starts, poor performance, and am also the service writer for the shop.

A future project is to wire up a rear facing camera without a screen that is on all the time.

If I can offer any help with the G1W, just ask.

Back