Man, opening that case needs a TINY screwdriver!!

eastwestsider

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a super capacitor and need to pull the two screws to open the cover and remove the battery. Anyone else who's done this, where did you get a philips head that small? Optician or something? A hardware store made for ants? :-P

I bought a super capacitor and need to pull the two screws to open the cover and remove the battery.

Ensure that in mSetup 'Power Off Disconnect' is set to 'Immediate'.

To see the replacement process...

Skip the first minute of the video.

Thanks, jokiin!

You too, russ331! I'm using the Mac GUI, but yeah I know I've gotta set it to immediate power-off. Once I get those damn screws off! :-P

Standard Phillips head screws and screwdrivers come in sizes indicated in numbers ranging from 0 to 24. The correct size Phillips screwdriver to fit the Mobius is #0 and would be one of the sizes you would find in a set of Jewelers screwdrivers like the ones jokiin mentioned. You can also purchase an individual Phillips #0 screwdriver at any good hardware store.

Last edited:
I checked RadioShack...the only set they had was $60. So ordered a set on Amazon for $4. Hmm...maybe the ridiculously of that inventory is one of the reasons RS folded?

I had one as i also mess with my smartphone. That size is pretty common actually, used in phones, watches etc...
But i couldn't find an Allen hex key small enough to adjust the focus! even the 1mm didn't fit. its like 0.3-0.5mm, it probably so thin its almost flexible.

$3 for set of 6 at "Dollar Tree" store.

Back