Managing the Vantrue E2 Dashcam With the Mobile App

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
While the dashcam is easy to use, with plenty of menu options and a clear display, the mobile app is a good alternative.

While you’re not downloading video from the camera (very fast over 5GHz Wi-Fi), and using the mobile app to review GPS data (a good feature that's also available in the desktop app), you can also use it to adjust the various setting for the dashcam.

1675841270131.png1675841355509.png1675841375122.png
This covers everything from camera resolution and frame rate to enabling or disabling audio commands, setting sensitivity for parking mode and emergency recordings, and disabling the display while driving.

You can also use the app to crop and share footage. And is more useful for packaging trimmed incident footage in an email to your vehicle insurer.

Love the mobile app. Took only a minute to download 3 min video chunk to my smartphone. No more removing memory card and/or the dashcam. Also love not having to squint while looking for a particular footage.

Love the mobile app. Took only a minute to download 3 min video chunk to my smartphone. No more removing memory card and/or the dashcam. Also love not having to squint while looking for a particular footage.
Yes. Vantrue has got the E1&E1 Lite built-in 2.4G Hz WiFi Module and E2&E3 2.4G & 5G Hz WiFi Module. So it really makes downloading and sharing your recordings easy.

I quite like the vantrue app VS others i have tried so far.
I especially like G-sensor you can set value for X - Y and Z axis individual.

The one silly / weird thing i have found testing the E2 is that parking guard mode low bitrate are also time lapse, or at least so it seem looking at the settings, i have not been able to test parking guard as i do not have a hard wire kit for this system.
Here i would prefer 30 FPS low bitrate, and then have time lapse as other options to choose.
Testing the E2 is going fine, i have even found it will use one memory card i have that will not work in any other dashcam.

I quite like the vantrue app VS others i have tried so far.
I especially like G-sensor you can set value for X - Y and Z axis individual.

The one silly / weird thing i have found testing the E2 is that parking guard mode low bitrate are also time lapse, or at least so it seem looking at the settings, i have not been able to test parking guard as i do not have a hard wire kit for this system.
Here i would prefer 30 FPS low bitrate, and then have time lapse as other options to choose.
Testing the E2 is going fine, i have even found it will use one memory card i have that will not work in any other dashcam.
For the low bitrate/low framerate/time-lapse, the differences are as follows:
The low bitrate recording aims to help you save hours of footage as small files (1080P@15FPS or 720P@15FPS) to save SD card space.
Low Bitrate recording can only be engaged when the camera is turned on. Once the camera is turned off, the Low Bitrate recording will not work.

The low framerate mode can greatly preserve the integrity of the video and save space on the memory card. For example, if you select 1 FPS and the current video resolution frame rate is 30FPS, the camera will generate a 30FPS video per second.

The low framerate mode is similar to the time-lapse recording function, but the difference is that there is no 5-minute entry mechanism for time-lapse recording, which will be directly turned on after setting.

Back