memory error

locky88

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been using it for more than a year without any issue. Then one day it started beeping with memory error. I have tried several different cards (Adata, PNY, G. Kill and Kingston) and I was getting the same thing - either it asked me to format the card (which already formatted and had data) or blue screen memory error. Is it gone for good? I believe I have the latest firmware on it already. Any way to fix this? It was disappointed as I paid more for this one than my Chinese one I bought 4,5 years ago and it's still going strong

What are the sizes of your memory cards? Did you change any settings before you started getting memory error message?

Is this a V1 or V2 camera? If it's a V1, are you using a GPS mount and is the power connected to the mount or the camera?
If it's a V2, I would start by updating/reinstalling firmware V4.0, being sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update. Then do a fresh format of the card inside the camera.

What are the sizes of your memory cards? Did you change any settings before you started getting memory error message?
All 32GB cards that I tried. No, it went beep beep with memory error all of a sudden after more than a year of running. It seemed to be card slot issue, not sure if I can get it somewhere and replace it

Is this a V1 or V2 camera? If it's a V1, are you using a GPS mount and is the power connected to the mount or the camera?
If it's a V2, I would start by updating/reinstalling firmware V4.0, being sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update. Then do a fresh format of the card inside the camera.
V1 and I did the test with the cam in the house actually. I just plugged it with the USB power from the outlet directly. It was blinking red for 3 minutes till it tried to write then had memory error blue screen

V1 and I did the test with the cam in the house actually. I just plugged it with the USB power from the outlet directly. It was blinking red for 3 minutes till it tried to write then had memory error blue screen
Are you saying you updated the firmware and the issue is still there? Did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu?
Your formatting the cards inside the camera correct?

Are you saying you updated the firmware and the issue is still there? Did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu?
Your formatting the cards inside the camera correct?
yes I updated the firmware using the same card. Apparently it was able to read it, but it never deleted the firmware file after it finished. Then when it tried to write, it had the error. Also, It couldn't format any of the cards. When I selected OK to format, it went back out right away and the cam no longer responded (crashed I think). I did reset to default setting before too and not helping either

It's a long time ago, but I remember a perfectly good Samsung Evo 32GB card failing without apparent reason, but I think I identified a problem with the power adapter and replaced it. No problems since for probably a year or more.

yes I updated the firmware using the same card. Apparently it was able to read it, but it never deleted the firmware file after it finished. Then when it tried to write, it had the error. Also, It couldn't format any of the cards. When I selected OK to format, it went back out right away and the cam no longer responded (crashed I think). I did reset to default setting before too and not helping either
Sounds like your card may be locked in read only mode. I know you said it’s doing this with other cards too, but I would test the card with the program H2testw. If there is a card issue you’ll know. Be sure card is empty before testing.

reload the loader, right after update the firmware, and you might need to do it more then once. once it took me 4 times to get the right result. I don't know why. and default the settings right after the firmware update.
if your cam can't write to more than one card it's not the card, it's a firmware. and get 256mb at least. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
roadkill401 A119 8
DAP A119 6
Marco6158 A119 33
Fast.Eddie A119 10
F A119 4
Back