Mic shut off

Bfi66

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off…thanks for the add. just installed the Blackvue 900x 2ch. Works great so far. Did a quick search of the forum and didnot see an answer to my question.
So here it is…..How do you shut off the mic while the camera is recording? Looked through the menu and did not see it there.
Can somebody help me ou?

thanks
-Pete

The DR900X has a proximity sensor on the left end of the front camera. By default, the proximity sensor is configured to toggle the audio recording on/off. You can configure the proximity sensor to turn on/off audio recording (default), perform a manual recording or do nothing in the camera's firmware settings. There's no other way to turn audio recording on/off while the camera is recording other than the proximity sensor.

Thank you rcg. I did notice a parameter in the menu which states audio recording off. I toggled it off but it did not activate or shut the mic off….hence my post. However I did notice this morning after running a few errands the videos indicated the mic was off…hopefully it is fixed.
i really do not want to record conversations in the car…..the default should be off……is there a benefit to recording audio that I am not immediately grasping?

-Pete

The audio recording setting is more of a personal preference setting. The audio recording setting in the firmware should set the initial audio recording state as the camera starts up. The proximity sensor (if configured to toggle it) can change the audio recording state on/off while the camera is operating.

I tend to leave audio recording on. If I'm stopped by law enforcement, I would prefer to have the audio recording on - that's assuming I keep the camera in normal recording mode during the traffic stop (ignition on - engine off). For my DR900X, I have the audio setting in the firmware settings set to on and I have my proximity sensor set to generate manual recording events. So, there's no way to toggle the audio on/off in my configuration. That's why I have it set to on in the firmware settings.

Back