Micro SD brand?

trevorf

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just wanted to know what the preferred brand, brands to avoid for this unit are?

I'm shopping for a 128GB micro SD card for this unit, and just looking for advice and confirmation.

I've read that Sandisk and Samsung are best avoided?

I just wanted to know what the preferred brand, brands to avoid for this unit are?

I'm shopping for a 128GB micro SD card for this unit, and just looking for advice and confirmation.

I've read that Sandisk and Samsung are best avoided?

Ultra speed high specs Sandisk and Samsung may be OK they have good feedback on some other dashcams, but I am not sure I heard someone tested them long term on SGZC12RC.

Ultra speed high specs Sandisk and Samsung may be OK they have good feedback on some other dashcams, but I am not sure I heard someone tested them long term on SGZC12RC.

As in the very high end lines, e.g. Sandisk Extreme Pro and Samsung Pro lines?

As in the very high end lines, e.g. Sandisk Extreme Pro and Samsung Pro lines?

High end lines of Sandisk and Samsung reported working on some other dashcams, but not yet confirmed by SGZC12RC users.

tested and working just fine for 100% with SGZC12RC:

ADATA 128GB (very recommended) high performance, also very good heat resistance - no errors even at direct sun (temp up to 85degrese??) no problems at all...
[expensive but the quality is worth the price] also i have got ADATA 64GB no problems from 3 years...

ad.jpg

Kingstone 128gb -O.K. not sure about hi-temp resistance but in Marcus 5 (Under direct sun) was fine...

k.jpg

Sandisk 128GB - absolutely rubbish! I had 3 of them (all genuine & tested) all gone, from after 1-4months...not recommended!
Legendary sandisk quality is just a myth....the same situation with 64GB (Sandisk Brand), I had 2 of them (all dead),
Sandisk 32GB - not too bad, just one gone from two ;)

san.png

yep, sandisk are garbage. I so far haven't had any issues from Kingston or samsung

I ended up buying a 128GB Samsung Evo. Went to install it, and noticed that the unit was not operating ... I have been noticing that the LED light on the lens module has been off for a while, but never thought much of it until today. I replaced the 32Gb Toshiba card that came with it, with the new 128GB, and the light is back on. So good to know that it'll turn off if there's a fault.

I ended up buying a 128GB Samsung Evo. Went to install it, and noticed that the unit was not operating ... I have been noticing that the LED light on the lens module has been off for a while, but never thought much of it until today. I replaced the 32Gb Toshiba card that came with it, with the new 128GB, and the light is back on. So good to know that it'll turn off if there's a fault.

where did you purchase from?

Card from Futu online, and unit from Capitol Computers. Will check everything more thoroughly over the weekend, just to make sure the camera is working fine.

If the card supplied with the camera is faulty you can send it to us and we'll replace it for you under warranty

reading this post several times, still confused. first line says you bought 128gb card and installed and unit not working, last line says you put again the 128gb card in it and it is working??
im confused, what card is not working??

reading this post several times, still confused. first line says you bought 128gb card and installed and unit not working, last line says you put again the 128gb card in it and it is working??
im confused, what card is not working??
Sorry. I'll explain again.

I've had this dashcam unit for 1-2 months now, and it came with a 32GB Toshiba micro SD card. The dashcam has been running in parking mode also. I noticed 2 weeks ago, the LED light on the camera was no longer visible. I never thought to check whether there was anything wrong with the dashcam. Then this week I purchased a Samsung Evo 128GB to upgrade capacity. I pulled out the dashcam to replace the SD card, and noticed the dashcam was off. I upgraded the SD card, from 32Gb to 128GB. I then pressed the top button and the dashcam powered on again. I believe the dashcam is now working normally again. I checked the camera unit, and the LED light appeared again. During the whole upgrade process, the dashcam was powered, but appeared to be shutdown initially. Took a look at the contents of the 32GB card, and noticed the last recording was 2 weeks ago. I also attempted to view the last file on the card, and it is not viewable/corrupt.

So, if it is a feature to shut down when the card is corrupt, then that's nice - at least I know in the future.

you want to run a full format on that Toshiba card and check it for errors, if there's a problem with the card itself just let us know

Just bought a ADATA Premier Microsdxc UHS-1 U1 Class10 64GB and it works like a charm!

82723_1.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chepp SGZC12RC 3
IronMan SGZC12RC 53
Back