Mileage statistics function

Julian23

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A139
I updated the firmware version of the E3 and was reading the previous change logs.
In version E3_VT-ECB242 there was the mileage statistics function added.
Since there is no information anywhere, I decided to give it a try.
The option can only be enabled in the camera menu itself. There is no menu available in the app but you can access the statistics there.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-10 at 15.29.09(2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-06-10 at 15.29.10.jpeg

After a short drive, I connected to the E3 with the Vantrue App. On-screen, it shows a small icon that you can press to open the mileage statistics.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-10 at 15.57.17.jpeg
This opens the collected GPS data including driving time, average speed, top speed, mileage, and height difference as you can see below. (Unfortunately, I can't change the app language to English)

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-10 at 15.29.09(1).jpeg

You are then able to download this data to your phone as an image or pdf file.
This gives you two more lines of information. The rest time and the total time.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-10 at 15.14.38.jpeg

The need for such a feature is of course a personal preference. But I like things like this. The data is there anyways so why not use it for something?
A quick message with @Jeff_Vantrue revealed that the mileage statistic creates an additional file on the SD card and currently about 30 days of GPS data can be saved.

I took a look at the E1 and E2 firmware change log. I wasn't able to find this feature being added there. It appears that this feature is exclusive to the E3 so far.

I agree.
This feature would be very useful in say a commercial vehicle.
For the average regular dashcam user i think not so much.

I applaud innovation as long as it do not take focus from the really important stuff.

(Unfortunately, I can't change the app language to English)
The language of the application depends on the installed language in the smartphone.
My smartphone has three main languages for use, which I change if necessary. ;)

About the new feature: Why not.
The main thing is that the manufacturer does not forget why the DVR is needed in the car,
otherwise at some point the DVR will turn into a spaceship. :D

Ich verstehe alles. :)

But spelling in German, well thats a problem as i rarely attended German class in school, and if i did it wouldn't be long before i was put outside the door or sent to the principals office.
So the spelling part, in any language, well my brain dident really have any interest in that part,and as i already spoke the languages, well i was severely under stimulated in class.
My German skills come from RTL - ZDR - NDR

This feature seems to provide similar information to the graph window of the Dashcam Viewer app which works with any GPS enabled camera that it is compatible with. The graph will show the statistics for your entire journey from consecutive clips, not just each individual clip. It will graphic speed over time, distance over time and compass bearing throughout your journey.

graph_window.jpg

bearing.jpg

distance.jpg

The language of the application depends on the installed language in the smartphone.
My smartphone has three main languages for use, which I change if necessary. ;)
Normally I can set the language for individual apps, but sadly this option wasn't available for the Vantrue app. Changing the whole language would be a bit overkill for this one screenshot.
The main thing is that the manufacturer does not forget why the DVR is needed in the car,
otherwise at some point the DVR will turn into a spaceship. :D
Yes exactly. This is a nice feature to play with, but the priority should be the video.

This feature seems to provide similar information to the graph window of the Dashcam Viewer app which works with any GPS enabled camera that it is compatible with. The graph will show the statistics for your entire journey from consecutive clips, not just each individual clip. It will graphic speed over time, distance over time and compass bearing throughout your journey.
The graphs are nice as well. But you can't really beat the convenience of the app. You just tap on it and it's there.
If you want to go in depth, Dashcam Viewer is obviously the way to go.

The graphs are nice as well. But you can't really beat the convenience of the app. You just tap on it and it's there.
If you want to go in depth, Dashcam Viewer is obviously the way to go.

I'm not suggesting one is better than the other. I was basically pointing out that the same information is embedded in all dash cam GPS files and can potentially be available for any dash camera using a single PC viewer app. I think having this info available on a smartphone app is pretty cool.

Here is another screenshot, but now in English. I have been driving a bit the last days.:)
Screenshot_20230613_100055_Vantrue Cam.jpg

Back