Mini 0803 auto off not working problem

Hi jpl,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I replied to Foxoffer for another solution, as the $8 refund seemed like a cheap shot, and they said I could ship the item back on my own dime for a replacement. I have been debating whether I want to go through the hassle, but after hearing about your experience I'd rather cut my losses and have a semi-working dashcam than no dashcam at all.

Lesson learned, Foxoffer = bad news bears.

Hey Yen,

Just dispute it with PayPal or Amazon or whichever credit card company you have. For you to give up is probably their intention, search up "Foxoffer sucks" on google, knowing that the return cost with tracking is almost as expensive too.

Cheers

Just a thought, but is your cam maybe still receiving power after the ignition is switched off? I know some vehicles are still fully powered even with the ignition off via the power sockets. If you actually unplug the cable from the socket does it power off after a few seconds then?

Hi Biker27,

That was my initial thought that the ignition did not switch off. So in my attached video, I actually unplug the cables (This eliminates any suspicion of the vehicle power causing the problem) . Both units did not auto off, they both kept running till the battery flat.

Cheers

Hmm. I'd change the firmware then. But good luck with whatever you do.

Tried 4 different firmwares. Physically disconnected cable multiple times just to be sure. Nothing fixed it. It's a hardware issue.

Back