Mini 0803

Theweekend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking at the mini 0803 as it looks small and tidy which is what im looking for!

One question is though I have subwoofers in my car, would this mean the camera would shake if its on loud ?

Depends how much bass you're talking about, if your windows vibrate it's going to have an affect

I guess it depends on your sound system! It has a resonant frequency around 30 Hz so you could make it shake, but it does have one of the better mounts, solid plastic instead of rubber suction mount.

I can tell you that my rear cam (0803) is pretty dancy when I turn the volume up :cool:

It can be basy yeah and depends how I feel, if my rear view mirror shakes while loud this means so will the dash cam?

I can tell you that my rear cam (0803) is pretty dancy when I turn the volume up :cool:
That is probably your whole hatch/tailgate vibrating!
It can be basy yeah and depends how I feel, if my rear view mirror shakes while loud this means so will the dash cam?
Probably true, although due to the wide angle view vibrations will be a lot less obvious than they are in your mirror. If the glass is moving then there isn't much you can do about it.

The only real difference to any other camera for vibrations will be the light weight and you can always add a little extra weight.

thanks peoole. I dont know if I should take the risk but do really want one.

Has anyone got a mini 801/2/3? How do you rate them.

I wanted something small and discrete and thats what I came up with

thanks peoole. I dont know if I should take the risk but do really want one.

Has anyone got a mini 801/2/3? How do you rate them.

I wanted something small and discrete and thats what I came up with
The 0803 has been superseded by the 0805, if you order an 0803 then you will probably get an 0805 so look in the 0805 section for details/sample video/images etc. You may also be interested in the mini 0806 which is significantly better but costs a little more - see the 0806 section. The 0801 is still current and is the cheapest, but also lowest resolution/quality.

There is a specification comparison table here: http://mini0806.com/spec.html

Thanks the 806 does look good. It will be my first dash cam ever and I dont know if i should get one worth 30/40 pound or spend the 100 pound for the mini

Thanks the 806 does look good. It will be my first dash cam ever and I dont know if i should get one worth 30/40 pound or spend the 100 pound for the mini
Depends on what you are going to use it for, if it is for the rubbish bin then get a really cheap one, if you will only look at the video after an accident that will hopefully never happen then an 0801 is probably fine but you do want it to be reliable because you wont notice it stop working if you never watch the video. If you want to video your holidays or trackdays to keep as memories then you will appreciate the extra quality of the mini 0806 and its CPL filter which will remove reflections off your windscreen glass which would otherwise spoil the image. The mini 0805 falls in the middle, has a decent quality image and still costs less than a tank of fuel, personally I would miss the CPL filter though.

If you get a reasonably cheap one and then decide to upgrade it, you can still use the cheap one in the rear window. Apart from recording people rear ending your car, you can get some interesting video from the rear and you can also use them outside the car if you plug them into a USB battery pack.

Great answer!

It is mostly for the safety incase of a crash but I rather get one that has good quality. I think i might just go for either the 805/6. If people are saying if you order the 803 you get the 805 its around a 30 pound difference.

What is the cpl filter? If i connect the camera to an ignition live( goes on and off with engine) if its a hit and run the the camera cant come on can it via the the sensor for it

I will be viewing the videos regualry to se

Great answer!

It is mostly for the safety incase of a crash but I rather get one that has good quality. I think i might just go for either the 805/6. If people are saying if you order the 803 you get the 805 its around a 30 pound difference.

What is the cpl filter? If i connect the camera to an ignition live( goes on and off with engine) if its a hit and run the the camera cant come on can it via the the sensor for it

I will be viewing the videos regualry to se
CPL = Circular Polarizing Filter - it cuts out polarised light, which in the case of a dashcam is all the unwanted reflections from the windscreen of your dashboard/air vents/etc. The light coming through the windscreen from outside is unaffected. The mini0806 has a magnetic mount for the CPL while the others have no mount making it hard to use one.

If the camera is turned off with the ignition, as is normal with most dashcams, then it wont record what happens when parked. The mini 0806 has an optional Parking Guard Mount which connects to the car battery allowing it to wake up if it feels a shock while parked, and also record at a low frame rate when there is nothing happening. The 0805 doesn't do that. Leaving a dashcam recording normally while parked can flatten your car battery after a few days. Some dashcams will start recording when they see movement which is fine as long as you aren't parked on a busy road.

0806 seems like a better option even though its abit more expensive.

For it to be connected to battery for the motion sensor, would this be a wire? If so can this wire be connected to something thats
Live even though the engine is off or will this mean the camera will stay on

Back