Mini 0805 available now

wing0

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just noticed foxoffer has the mini 0805 out.

Is there any sample footages of how it performs?

It's a lower end version of the Mini 0806 which is due soon in a nicer looking case and will be the better of the two :)

So no difference in hardware between 0805 and 0806. Is the overheating issue resolved once and for all in the 0805 compared to the 0803?

Will 0806 have the capability of using capacitor?

There are hardware differences between the two. Basically think of the 0805 as the same as the 0803 but with a different image sensor, and then then 0806 as extra bells and whistles and things like CPL compatibility and a better heatsink on top.

There are some samples of the 0806 here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0806-mini-0803-pro-demo-video.7211/

They're both capable dashcams - I'd wait and go with the 0806 though :)

Last edited:
0805 is an 0803 with better image sensor, unsure if same firmware will be able to support both models, it's technically possible but whether the engineers are capable remains to be seen

The 0806 although it looks similar is a complete redesign that has addressed a lot of the shortcomings of the other models, has also added some better features, might take some time to mature but it has greater potential than the other models

So no difference in hardware between 0805 and 0806. Is the overheating issue resolved once and for all in the 0805 compared to the 0803?

Will 0806 have the capability of using capacitor?
0806 doesn't seem to get hot or even warm enough to need one!

Not sure about the 0805 as the 0806 has a different case with vastly increased ventilation, I assume the 0805 has a better heatsink design that the 0803 though.

capacitor has nothing to do with how hot the camera is when running
I've not noticed it getting hot when it's not running, even when in parking mode it appears to stay at room temperature as far as I can measure :)

I've not noticed it getting hot when it's not running, even when in parking mode it appears to stay at room temperature as far as I can measure :)

That's good to hear, the battery is the main concern though with parking mode

The 0806 case is much nicer. It seems to address a huge complaint of mine that was the 0803 LEDs were way too bright.
That on top of what others have said.
If anyone else is looking I would wait for an 0806.

The 0806 has addressed most of the reported problems of the 080x series, certainly a better design

That's good to hear, the battery is the main concern though with parking mode
The battery isn't being charged in "parking mode" though so I don't think it is a concern, other than that it will go flat after a while.

The battery isn't being charged in "parking mode" though so I don't think it is a concern, other than that it will go flat after a while.

Parking mode requires permanent power, are you talking about just running off battery until it runs flat?

Parking mode requires permanent power, are you talking about just running off battery until it runs flat?
It uses battery power once you turn the main power off, but probably best to turn it off completely if you are leaving the car for a week or two as lithium batteries don't like being run completely flat, at least it doesn't flatten your car battery :)

Daytime video:

Night time video:

I will provide original video file link later, take long time uploading.

This comparison is between a 0805 pre-production sample and 0803, with dashcams using the same settings :

output_bPCoMc.gif output_3t0TIG.gif

I don't think that the lens 0805 from my pictures will be in the final version of 0805.
The 0803 lens is a little red and 0805 a little blue:

0803-0805a.jpg 0803-0805b.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the video. I'm happy to see improved night time video quality. By the sound of it, 0806 will be a very attractive package if it can improve and have better design. I definitely will keep an eye out for it when it's released.

Thanks for the video. I'm happy to see improved night time video quality. By the sound of it, 0806 will be a very attractive package if it can improve and have better design. I definitely will keep an eye out for it when it's released.
For the video quality, 806 is almost same as 805 because use same solution.

Somebody know when 0806 will be available? I need new dashcam ASAP but I would like just this one...

Back