Mini 0826 heat tolerant?

Alphas

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Ok firstly I am staying in Singapore, a tropical country. The mid afternoon sun can reach 38C and inside the car almost reach 70C without any aircon turned on.

Previously I tried mini 0805 but it start to hang in the afternoon sun, I figure out that it is the heat that is causing the unit to hang and the lcd screen to flicker as well. The G1HW I had is able to withstand the heat from the sun but it is mounted on a front windscreen, so a smaller DVR for a rear windscreen.

So I want to know if the mini 0826 is tolerant to high temperature under the hot sun without stability issues?

The 0826 runs a Lithium Ion battery same as your old 0805.. There is plenty of posts here on the issues with batteries and heat. I suspect the 0826 will give you similar issues to those you mention. I recommend your buy a cam with a super capacitor instead of a battery. If you are keen on the Mini series try looking at the Mini 0903 Nano Q or the Mini 0807. Both are new cams with super caps instead of batteries. May not completely solve your issue in the temperatures you a dealing with but anything with a super cap will be much better in your climate.

Back