Mini 0906 rear camera

speuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ďoes the final production rear camera look like. Combi in the UK show it with a metal mount while Aliexpress show it as having a sticky pad mount?20170830_085141.png 20170830_084953.png

Aside from not having quick access to the buttons, any reason why I could not mount the "second" camera on the front and the main camera on the rear? I would like to have the smaller camera on the front to keep it less distracting and obvious to the driver or passenger.

Aside from not having quick access to the buttons, any reason why I could not mount the "second" camera on the front and the main camera on the rear? I would like to have the smaller camera on the front to keep it less distracting and obvious to the driver or passenger.
the main camera is more functional than the rear camera. Besides, the LED is in the main camera.

The front camera is more sensitive, better at night, so most people would want the front at the front.

But often when you get hit you are hit from the rear, plus in the dark the rear view tends to be darker because you don't have headlights at the back, so maybe swapping them is sensible?

Don't worry about access to the buttons, it has a remote control which contains the only button I ever use - short press for photo and long press for lock current file.

I do sometimes check that it is still recording which would be more difficult with the main unit in the back, I don't think the LEDs are bright enough to be seen in the mirror.

I did use my mini 0806 in the back for over a year and had no problems using it, but I could see the LEDs on that.

in China traffic policy, if your vihicle is hit by the following car, that car will take the responsibility. So you just need to quote the registration number of the following vehicle, the rear video quality can be little lower than the front.
In this situation, the front video is more important to prove your driving manner if there is any accident.
I think it should be similar overseas.

I just bought a mini 0906 and I want to use the rear view cam that are already installed on the car. I think that the rear cam that comes with the mini 0906 is digital.

Did someone already use another rear cam with the mini 0906?

Does someone have the pinout of the round connector?

Thanks

I just bought a mini 0906 and I want to use the rear view cam that are already installed on the car. I think that the rear cam that comes with the mini 0906 is digital.

Thanks
Not compatible

Not compatible
Not necessarily true!

When I installed my mini 0906 I already had a Gitup G3 rear camera in the car and they are compatible :D

Does this interface standard have a name so that we can tell which cameras are compatible?

Thanks
Even if you could use them you probably wouldn't want to since they wouldn't have the same image quality.

I was wandering it if is possible to upgrade rear camera to something with IMX291

Back