Mini 2 not saving last file when powering off - corrupted?

NI_DashCam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 mini 2, A119s
Hi all,

Just got the mini 2 at the weekend, upgrading from a very old, but reliable A119.
I've noticed that whenever the car is turned off the last recording isn't saving.
There's a file saved, but I can't play it back, seem corrupted.
I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 256GB card and I have tried three other cards and get the same result.
It looks like the camera is running out of power from the capacitor when trying to save the last file.

Anyone else have this problem? Could this be a faulty camera?

Cheers.

Definitely faulty. Brought it the house and tried it on a mains USB power supply. Camera shuts off straightaway.
Recorded this video. Bit close but you can see the problem!

How are you powering it in the house? Is that the supplied Viofo cable? Are you using your computers USB port?

Use only the supplied cables and power source. To power in your house, use a USB wall charger.

How are you powering it in the house? Is that the supplied Viofo cable? Are you using your computers USB port?

Use only the supplied cables and power source. To power in your house, use a USB wall charger.
Using a wall charger. Does the same when plugged into the car.

Try updating/reinstalling the firmware. Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update. Once the camera reboots, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Try updating/reinstalling the firmware.
If the file is not saved, this is a power problem, which is not enough to finalize the video; the firmware has nothing to do with it.
Possible reasons: faulty ionistor, lack of good soldering of the ionistor on the board.
BDofNI
Contact support.

Yeah, looks like a hardware issue. I'm going to return this one and order a replacement.
Thanks.

If the file is not saved, this is a power problem, which is not enough to finalize the video; the firmware has nothing to do with it.
Possible reasons: faulty ionistor, lack of good soldering of the ionistor on the board.
BDofNI
Contact support.
I agree, it's most likely a power issue, which is why I was making sure the OP was using the appropriate cable and power source. Reloading the firmware is a last ditch effort and always worth trying. We've all seen corrupt/bad firmware cause all sorts of issues, so I would never rule it out.

I agree, it's most likely a power issue, which is why I was making sure the OP was using the appropriate cable and power source. Reloading the firmware is a last ditch effort and always worth trying. We've all seen corrupt/bad firmware cause all sorts of issues, so I would never rule it out.
You can reflash it to calm your soul, but it’s unlikely to help. :unsure:

Definitely faulty. Brought it the house and tried it on a mains USB power supply. Camera shuts off straightaway.
Recorded this video. Bit close but you can see the problem!
Can you take a video in the car using the original car charger adapter and cable?

Hi all,

Just got the mini 2 at the weekend, upgrading from a very old, but reliable A119.
I've noticed that whenever the car is turned off the last recording isn't saving.
There's a file saved, but I can't play it back, seem corrupted.
I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 256GB card and I have tried three other cards and get the same result.
It looks like the camera is running out of power from the capacitor when trying to save the last file.

Anyone else have this problem? Could this be a faulty camera?

Cheers.
Could you please use the original car charger in the package and plug it into your car cigarette lighter to supply power? Then confirm if the power light will also shut off immediately as it performed at home when your car ignition is off.

Could you please use the original car charger in the package and plug it into your car cigarette lighter to supply power? Then confirm if the power light will also shut off immediately as it performed at home when your car ignition is off.
Can't get a video as I have already returned the camera. It was doing the same thing with the supplied charger.

I have since gotten a replacement and so far it's working fine.

Thanks,

Back