Mini 803 beeping while recording

spot321

Reaction score
Country
Canada
When my camera is recording, I get these 2 intermittent beeps (1 high note, 1 low note) while its recording.
What do those beeps mean?
It also seems to stop and start recording which I think might be related to a loose mount. Wondering if this is all related. Thoughts?

Did you activate LDWS ?

I experienced this as well with high bitrates. When this beeps occured the recorded Video was splitted into two parts. Check your sd-Card if you have a few files that are smaller than the others. I guess it's an indicator for not fast enough sd Card.

Thanks for the prompt replies. I wasn't using LDWS but it's good to know that function uses the two beeps.

I think in my case it must be the card. I dropped the resolution down the 1024x1080 and it didn't happen at all today.

I'm using at SanDisk Ultra 32GB HC I which should be quick enough but obviously not.

Thanks for the prompt replies. I wasn't using LDWS but it's good to know that function uses the two beeps.

I think in my case it must be the card. I dropped the resolution down the 1024x1080 and it didn't happen at all today.

I'm using at SanDisk Ultra 32GB HC I which should be quick enough but obviously not.
The problem wont be the speed, it is the name that is the problem - don't buy cards labelled "SanDisk"!

There's nothing wrong with the Sandisk Extreme mate, they just purposely throttle performance of the Ultra cards to sell the more expensive Extreme cards.

There's nothing wrong with the Sandisk Extreme mate, they just purposely throttle performance of the Ultra cards to sell the more expensive Extreme cards.
Then maybe it is the name "Ultra" that is the problem as it gives the wrong impression?

Old slow class 6 cards from other manufacturers appear to work perfectly,

The fact is that nearly all the card related problems being reported are with SanDisk cards...

The Ultra have terrible random IO compared to most other cards - just look at any benchmarks. It feels more like either really cheap memory, bad programming at the controller side or they're intentionally throttling to make the Extreme cards look better. If the base card was good they wouldn't have a market for the Extremes :) Rick has said it's a controller issue on multiple occasions now.

Sequential write speeds are lower than the reads but technically way above what any dashcam should ever need at over 10MB/sec.

The 128GB MicroSD cards look pretty bad too in the benchmark scores so I think we're potentially going to hear of more problems as people use them.

I've got a good mix of cards here, 2x Sandisks, 3x Samsung and a Kingston and to be fair they've all been ok for me so far.

The Sandisks did throw a low speed warning on the 3H2F but works fine in the G90 so it would appear it can be worked around in firmware. Not sure if the Mini0803 uses similar code?

If the cam can't hammer down the cache to MicroSD fast enough it's going to cause carnage.

Last edited:
Back