Mini0801 Hacking (Hardware and Software)

Oh damn. Ok I should have looked into the SDK.. Never thought about it being a float value :D

Thanks again to batal, very easy with the knowledge that bitrate is a float value :D
Just changed it and now I'm getting videos with 18000kbps. Uploaded a one minute video: http://51578341.swh.strato-hosting.eu/data/dc/AMBA0843.MOV - Keep in mind that ist already evening here and light conditions are not perfect.

Now going to experiment with metering modes. If anyone is interested, here is a Close example of the different fields: http://dc.p-mc.eu/metering.html (image might load a while).

See how you go with the high bitrate but it might get unreliable once it starts recycling, this has been a problem for the 0801 before, a limitation of the SPI flash it uses

On the test drive I did earlier it already was in recycling mode. Will test again when I drive to work tomorrow.

Using 18mbs (16 in firmware) for 3 days. No problem for now.

For when you return, am I reading that to mean this file is intended for cameras with GPS, but no internal memory? Mine is with internal memory and with GPS; Don't want to try putting the wrong update in. Thanks for your effort!

I can do this modification with an internal mem verison for you, too if you are interested.

I also have a version with 8gb internel memory and GPS, I'm not sure what will happen with the firmware version without internal memory ..?

You'll loose Access to internal Memory till you reflash it with an internal Memory Firmware - thats all.

Hallo Tobias,
I have a GoPro HERO3 Black, and thanks to evilwombat (he is the boss) I made loads of autoexecutable .ash files.
Try: autoexec.ash on the root of the SD:
sleep 3
t app button shutter PR

The camera should start recording in three seconds.
Check the hacks here: github.com/konradit/autoexechack

Hi Konrad,
unfortunately the 0801 does not execute those scripts. Already tried them. But it seems that 0803 does Support them. Will have a look at your collection!
Thanks for sharing.

Just curious: How did you find this thread :D

Last edited:
Hi Konrad,
unfortunately the 0801 does not execute those scripts. Already tried them. But it seems that 0803 does Support them. Will have a look at your collection!
Thanks for sharing.

Just curious: How did you find this thread :D
duckduckgo: ambarella shell. I was curious about the .ash extention.
BTW: get the root shell again and type t app > d:\tapp.txt and post it here, lets make the github repository available for minu0801 cameras too.

We'd have to do this for 0803. I already tried the t command on my 0801 a few weeks ago and almost no command worked. For example only the power key Trigger worked.

Let's move to this thread: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/r-d-a7-r-d-thread.5119/page-4 - I'll post the t app Output there.
Since I believe Mini 0803 (a7 chipset) supports autoexec (will try asap).
Again Mini 0801 does not Support autoexec,ash and uses an A2 SoC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back