Minimize quality in park mode

SteelFK1

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Actually, it must be possible via software that the camera changes the quality from say 4K down to a medium level as soon as it switches to parking mode.

Such an update would not be bad for Viofo.

Is there any hope that something like this could come out?
Is already something "annoying" that you have to switch constantly from 3CH, to 2CH manual to then switch again when you go, to 3CH.
I now have the 6200lfp-hw from Powercell but such an A139 Pro with 3CH draws quite a bit of power.

It would be nice that the camera automatically switches from 3CH to 2CH and lowers the quality.
So a recording would be much longer.

The A129 Pro lowers the resolution down from 4K to 2K (I think it's 2K) to cut down on heat while in parking mode, so I assume the A139 Pro does the same. I assume you've tested this?

as far as I know there is only the "low bitrate", and the other settings with 1 3 or 5 FPS or so, is all well and good, but for low bitrate still "good" quality, no matter, that with the quality is "ok", from about 560mb that is downgraded to about 95MB.

but that with from 3CH to 2CH does not work or?
that the automatically makes?

to me it would be important that the camera long enough recorded and ifs possible as much as possible, a512GB I would have already installed, if nothing else is feasible, I would have to buy a 2nd 6200lfp-hw and test that with it, but soooo much I do not drive that the always full, that's my problem.

The issue, besides storage is the high energy consumption of the unit even in time-lapse mode

The A129 Pro lowers the resolution down from 4K to 2K (I think it's 2K) to cut down on heat while in parking mode, so I assume the A139 Pro does the same. I assume you've tested this?
This is how the A139 Pro appears to behave as well. There's a significant reduction in video bitrate & file size w/ parking mode video files with auto-event detection mode.

Back