Missing features in latest Viofo models

prv008

Reaction score
Country
United States
@viofo @VIOFO-Support I am noticing that the Viofo A119 Mini 2 (and probably the A229 Pro/Plus too) are missing the driver safety features (Stop & Go and Driver Fatigue Alarm reminders) which were included in A119 V3. It seems strange that some of the more useful features are available only on the older A119 V3 - that model is really feature-rich except that it is missing WiFi. Are there plans to add these to the new models - the Stop & Go alerts is particularly useful?

@viofo @VIOFO-Support I am noticing that the Viofo A119 Mini 2 (and probably the A229 Pro/Plus too) are missing the driver safety features (Stop & Go and Driver Fatigue Alarm reminders) which were included in A119 V3. It seems strange that some of the more useful features are available only on the older A119 V3 - that model is really feature-rich except that it is missing WiFi. Are there plans to add these to the new models - the Stop & Go alerts is particularly useful?
I don't think Viofo is focussing on driver alert and assistance systems anymore for any of their dashcam solutions.

Yes they were present on the A119 v3 but didn't work that reliably. Most new cars these days have ADAS systems incorporated anyway which are way more accurate than anything implemented by dash cam solutions. I know in my car that it is the case.

I don't think Viofo is focussing on driver alert and assistance systems anymore for any of their dashcam solutions.

Yes they were present on the A119 v3 but didn't work that reliably. Most new cars these days have ADAS systems incorporated anyway which are way more accurate than anything implemented by dash cam solutions. I know in my car that it is the case.

Ah, that's a shame since a lot of older cars (and probably most newer entry level cars) don't have these features. Even a lower accuracy implementation in dash cams would be quite a value add in my opinion.

Ah, that's a shame since a lot of older cars (and probably most newer entry level cars) don't have these features. Even a lower accuracy implementation in dash cams would be quite a value add in my opinion.
Haha most entry level cars here in Australia at least are getting these functions so I think in the industry in general it's the trend. Makes no sense for smaller tech companies to develop and maintain features

Yes, we have enabled this on A119V3 before, but this feature is not so reliable in exercise. So we have not added this feature to other models.

Yes, we have enabled this on A119V3 before, but this feature is not so reliable in exercise. So we have not added this feature to other models.
Please never add ADAS, (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems).

Death to ADAS. lol
Some are genuinely useful, like automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, blind spot detection. Others like lane assist, lane centering, driver fatigue I find annoying and useless.

What about yours

Some are genuinely useful, like automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, blind spot detection. Others like lane assist, lane centering, driver fatigue I find annoying and useless.

What about yours
We’re going off topic.
Maybe we need a new thread just about ADAS.

Back