Missing footage from cameras????

Andru

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I needed to access footage from my cameras lately and certain footage has been missed. A few months ago a complete month of recordings were missing. I had recordings from a certain date then a missing whole month before the next lot of recordings on the memory card.

This week I need to review certain things on the card and 1 hr was missing, typically the hour I really needed to view! My concern is that if something happens then my cameras may well be rendered useless as they are randomly missing recordings!

The latest recording missing was a trip to pick up my son and for some reason approx 1 hr of constant recordings were missing, I had the before and after but a random hr in the middle just didn't get recorded.

How and why could this be possible?

I really am on the verge of binning the cameras and going for a different brand at this moment in time, I want reliability.

Many if not most recording failures like this are SD card-related ;) Which card are you using, and have you checked it with h2testw? And sometimes intermittent power glitches will cause this without the cam shutting down. Don't bin the cam yet! And welcome to DCT :D

Phil

I paid out over £350 for the system and wanted reliable footage. I have a very evil ex partner and need to cover ever angle with the cameras. So far they have been really good but on these certain occasions important footage has been missed.

I am using a 32gb Transcend 45MB/S SD card and also a 64gb Sandisk Extreme card.

They are both quality cards that should not randomly not record info. It's strange how it's just the odd hour now and again that does not get recorded, typically the stuff that I need!

It might have been automatically reformatted. I keep spare SD card and Micro SD card to swap out at any time. Solid state memory card also bound to fail after couple of years due to writing over and over again.

sadly Andru wont be seeing your message as he's not been on here since last April, maybe his ex wife did get hold of him in the end

Hope all is well with Andru. I am new to the dashcamtalk after I struggled with Cobra CDR 820 with its car plugs getting shorted/burned and then switched to Lukas 7950 WD.

Back