Missing videos

Newbee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am not sure what caused my camera to miss several videos. I was told earlier that this could be a memory card issue. Therefore I have changed the memory card to Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB card but this keeps re-occuring back. I have attached a screenshot of the videos where you can see there are several videos missed completely.

I assume this could be either a faulty dashcam or faulty memory card, faulty cable or power source.

I did notice the camera giving a big yellow warning symbol and I believe somehow this could give some insights. Anyone know what that yellow warning symbol with beep means?

Missing videos Viofo.JPG

Hi,
I am not sure what caused my camera to miss several videos. I was told earlier that this could be a memory card issue. Therefore I have changed the memory card to Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB card but this keeps re-occuring back. I have attached a screenshot of the videos where you can see there are several videos missed completely.

I assume this could be either a faulty dashcam or faulty memory card, faulty cable or power source.

I did notice the camera giving a big yellow warning symbol and I believe somehow this could give some insights. Anyone know what that yellow warning symbol with beep means?

View attachment 51784

The big yellow warning symbol is telling you that the G-sensor in the camera has write-protected one (or more) of your files after a shock was detected so that they can't be accidentally recorded over. Your missing files will be found in the RO folder. RO stands for "Read Only".

I have fallen into this rabbit hole some times reviewing footage as part of my memory card maintenance routine, and then my eye spot a gap in the recordings and i go WTF ????? until i remember well that gap are probably there as i pressed the event button ( dont use G sensor while driving )
My heart still jump when i spot such a gap in the recordings, but my grey goo kick in at once to tell me why it is there.

Back