Misted lens on mobius?

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Was driving this afternoon but had heavy downpour of rain and at time it turned into hale stones. My mobius camera is internally fitted at the rear of my Works van but the lens located between a hole on top of the rear door but does not protrude. When I got home I noticed the lens had a slightly glazed look to it but wiping over did not work? Not sure if it has got internal condensation? I’m pretty sure the lens wouldn’t not crack from hale stone?! If it is condensation which I’m hoping it is how do I remove this? Thanks

Attachments

• 0D33B2F9-A201-4D42-AEDB-2DE021AEBB80.jpeg
    0D33B2F9-A201-4D42-AEDB-2DE021AEBB80.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 10
A sudden drop in temperature in humid conditions will do that.

If it has been fitted like that for some time without problems then just leave it and the condensation will evaporate by itself.

If it is newly installed then you probably need to move it to somewhere drier.

If you want to dry it out quickly then put it in an airtight box with a packet of silica gel, or some rice for a day or two, or maybe more since it may take some time for the moisture to find its way out of the lens internals.

Most of it has thawed out now, just a little dot left. I have a spare v1 c2 so I can always change the lens over if need be then buy a new one with the ribbon chord attached

Back