Mobiles reliability

Flashesbuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wanted to create a simple post about my experience with the mobius as a dash cam. I have been using it for almost daily use for approx 2 and 1/2 years now, and approx 30,000 miles or so, maybe a little more than that. And this camera has proven to be quite reliable. Not really any issue, other than, i cant get it to keep the date and time correctly. I have replaced the battery with a super capacitor when installation.
I do take the camera out every month or so to check on the footage, and format the card along with updating firmware, and so far there have been no issues. Even still using my original Lexar mico SD card.

I just read so many issue on this forum, but honestly this thing has been great for me. I even verified that it records in the extreme temperature swings, here in ohio it has gotten down to -15°F all the way up to 98°f outside (not sure how hot it got in the car). Its amazing this little thing still records.

It is good to see a positive message!
Unfortunately the product forums seem to attract messages asking for solutions, which is fine but it is still good to hear good news.
You appear to be using 'best practice' in ensuring your Mobius functions reliably.
I hope mine does the same - but as my car is a diesel i have to be careful and check that it is recording because of the power cut off when the engine cranks at starting.

Mine has run from around August 2016: 24/7. One month ago, a 32 Gb cheap sandisk was corrupt. Replace with another cheap sd card and it runs smooth since then.

Back