Mobius-90 Modifications?

super max

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus on Blendmount
I'm mounting my Mobius as a rear camera, and it looks like a 90° mount maybe the easiest, with the Mobius mounted on short edge. I know there is a Mobius-90 model available, but I found this link that shows an easy modification (details start at 4:00)

Has anyone done this mod, or is there another way to accomplish a 90° mounting?

Last edited:
I didn't watch the whole vid, but it seems OK, and many have 'remoted' the Mobius lens/CMOS which is easily done with the Mobius unhlike most dashcams. If you think you're up to the job, go for it. Do read the first section of the "Mobius support thread" here so you will know how to handle the lens cable- it's a little touchy to handle but if you follow the instructions you'll be fine. Also unlike most other cams, parts to fix your boo-boos with the Mobius are available so if you do mess something up you can fix it without buying another whole cam!

Phil

Has anyone done this mod, or is there another way to accomplish a 90° mounting?

Haven't tried it but I just watched the video. I'd be very worried about the life of the ribbon cable the way he has bent and creased it. Those things can't take much abuse before they fail. I'm a bit surprise his cable is actually working.

Might be easier to just buy a 90 degree lens module.

Haven't tried it but I just watched the video. I'd be very worried about the life of the ribbon cable the way he has bent and creased it. Those things can't take much abuse before they fail. I'm a bit surprise his cable is actually working.

Might be easier to just buy a 90 degree lens module.

Yeah. Ribbon cable don't look that good installed like that.

Back