Mobius dashcam

myles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought this camera from Excite through Amazon. It came without any instructions. They couldn't be bothered to reply to my email!!!. I managed to work out how to operate the camera but cannot play it back. The film started and stopped and froze.
I had the computer checked and its ok.
Can anyone tell me how to play back the video please. I am not a computer expert. Thanks. Myles.

Thanks for that. I tried this but it took forever to load even small files. A 5 minute video took about 15 mins to load.
My computer is a HP laptop A6 version. Quadcore and AMD Radion Graphics on Windows 7.
Is it not powerful enough perhaps?

Thanks for that. I tried this but it took forever to load even small files. A 5 minute video took about 15 mins to load.
My computer is a HP laptop A6 version. Quadcore and AMD Radion Graphics on Windows 7.
Is it not powerful enough perhaps?
Plenty powerful enough, the best way is to take the card out of the camera and put it into your laptop via an adaptor. Then ether copy them to your hard drive or play them from the card. Windoze media player in win 7 will play them, better than Quicktime does (on mine).
The best viewer to use though is Registrator Viewer which can be set to automatically clip the overlap between files so that you get a smooth replay.

Frank

Most micro SD cards come with an adaptor to take them up to full size SD cards, I use those. My Laptop has an SD card port and I use that.

Frank

These adapters don't work in my laptop, so I use a Micro SD card to USB adapter, e.g...
Do you mean that your laptop doesn't take SD cards or micro SD cards in an adaptor don't work?
My previous machine (and my desktops) didn't have SD ports so I bought a combined SIM & Micro SD card reader. Think I got it from http://www.7dayshop.com/ ? it was less than a fiver.

Frank

Do you mean that your laptop doesn't take SD cards or micro SD cards in an adaptor don't work?

It has an SD card slot, which works fine with SD cards, but not with Micro SD cards in their adapters.

It has an SD card slot, which works fine with SD cards, but not with Micro SD cards in their adapters.
I've heard other people say this, which is why I asked. Mine works fine with them (he says, crossing his fingers).

EDIT: just been looking at that wireless card reader you bought - looks good but I've spent quite a bit on the bike this week and I've run out of pocket money :(

Frank

Back