Mobius Files - How can I cut and edit the footge ?

Lars

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Guys

So all super, everything works as good as it can be, but there is only one problem. I can not cut the .mov files from the camera....it is crazy. I been today all day through most of the programs but nothing helps. I ended up with half way decent program that does the job and it is called

"MP4Cam2AVI Easy Converter".

So far so good, now the problem is, that I can not cut the AVI in Virtual Dub. I would love to cut some scenes out, I had some crazy drives lately but seems like there is nothing that helps me gettin those cuts done

Lats

There are some discussions on this topic here:
Sail, if all you want to do is trim (shorten) a video clip on a Mac you can use Quicktime Player to do it without having to obtain any new software.
  1. In QuickTime Player, choose Edit > Trim.
    The trimming bar appears.
  2. Use the trimming bar to select the portion of the movie that you want to keep.
    • Drag the playhead, represented by a red vertical line, to find the portions of the movie that you want to eliminate.
    • Drag the start and end of the trimming bar, using the yellow handles, to select the portion of the movie that you want to keep.
  3. Click the Trim button.
    The movie is shortened to the portion you selected.
  4. You can also add additional clips to the beginning or end of trimmed clips.

Of course, if you want to do more advanced editing iMovie is an excellent choice.

And here too:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mov-editing.3806/

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Avidemux to simply cut a clip and save it. It's fast and keeps the same quality

All of these gave me a tought time, they crash or do not work at all. Avidemux is the same problem. The picture is in slow motion and the sound is not played right.

I use a russian tool that is a standalone executable, can be saved in the root of the card (for convenience) and has some pretty good features:
- quickly identifies the locked files
- decent player with speed adjustments, jump forward/back, different levels of zoom, automatically groups files based on time (kind of hat that but it's usefull if you want to review the entire trip)
- copy function by clicking a button
- trim function which is not so obvious: Ctrl-Home to mark the begining of the segment, Ctrl-End to mark the end, Ctrl-S to save it without any quality loss.

I think Windows Movie Maker will edit the Mobius files and it's a free download from Microsoft.

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 12. I also use it for TV recordings/Video editing/slideshows. It's very fast and I can recommend it... especially if you've got a reasonably powerful computer.

Registrator Viewer does the job, but the cutting is different since I have a European Keyboard. How do I mark here where to start and end the cut ?

Registrator Viewer does the job, but the cutting is different since I have a European Keyboard. How do I mark here where to start and end the cut ?

Pause the video at the start of the cut by pressing the Spacebar. Right click on the timeline & select Start.

Pause the video at the end of the cut by pressing the Spacebar. Right click on the timeline & select End.

Right click on the timeline & select Save Selected Fragment. You will then see options to delete the audio track, etc. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Super, works perfect :) Thanks :)

Back