Mobius LEDs

liveinxs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius ActionCam, Front, Rear and both Sides
Was noticing the leds on my two mobius cams today, and I noticed that the leds are different on both cams, check out the enclosed picture..

It was only the leds on the top, that were different. ...
2014-10-19%2008.46.41-2.jpeg

This is a new version of the outer case. I read about it in RC forum, tom frank wrote it [i think]

i am gonna guess you mean the one on the left, as that led, looks more sophisticated....

Test it the only way to tell if it genuine.

already tested, works great, was just looking for info on leds lights...

Was noticing the leds on my two mobius cams today, and I noticed that the leds are different on both cams, check out the enclosed picture..

It was only the leds on the top, that were different. ...
No worries, you have a genuine Mobius with a very slightly modified case design. The new light pipe makes it much easier to see the different LEDs and, IMO, gives the case a more professional look. It's also better in keeping out dust from the camera's innards. The new case is otherwise identical to the old case except you may find the buttons stand a tiny bit higher than on your old case. This is most likely due to manufacturing tolerances. I don't think it was intentional and it may not be the case on your model.
Although there have been a good number of different board revisions this is the first revision the case has undergone, not counting the very early cases without the rear LED and the slightly different heat sinks that have been used in the past.
The boards are only manufactured in small batches which makes it easier to add hardware enhancements based on returned boards or user experience. A typical example of user experience is better component placement which makes it easier to swap the lens module.

The Mobius has undergone various minor hardware revisions since it was introduced but all of them have been on the circuit board until now and therefore more or less invisible to most buyers.

Edit: I see Isoprop posted a moment before I did and explained it much better than I could. :)

No worries, you have a genuine Mobius with a very slightly modified case design. The new light pipe makes it much easier to see the different LEDs and, IMO, gives the case a more professional look. It's also better in keeping out dust from the camera's innards. The new case is otherwise identical to the old case except you may find the buttons stand a tiny bit higher than on your old case. This is most likely due to manufacturing tolerances. I don't think it was intentional and it may not be the case on your model.
Although there have been a good number of different board revisions this is the first revision the case has undergone, not counting the very early cases without the rear LED and the slightly different heat sinks that have been used in the past.
The boards are only manufactured in small batches which makes it easier to add hardware enhancements based on returned boards or user experience. A typical example of user experience is better component placement which makes it easier to swap the lens module.
yes i do like the updated version better, looks more thought out and professional, also the led is MUCH more visible, and the dirt getting in the old version, i can see that happening...thanks for the reply...

Did you go to the physical store in NYC?

Recently I received a Mobius /w wide angle B lens from Banggood. That one also has the same led as the left one in the OP. I can verify mine is genuine as it records high quality 1080p video in MOV format at 18+ Mbps.

I believe the internal battery life has also been improved with the newer stock.

Recently I received a Mobius /w wide angle B lens from Banggood. That one also has the same led as the left one in the OP. I can verify mine is genuine as it records high quality 1080p video in MOV format at 18+ Mbps.

^ Same here.

I prefer the larger Led, much easier to see..

I prefer the larger Led, much easier to see..
Me too, especially when you quickly want to check the recording status while driving. It also looks more slick compared to the 'hole'. The Mobius development team definitely listens to their users' requests, and only implement hardware changes that make sense.

Back