Mobius Maxi 4K manual file locking?

kstadden

Reaction score
Country
United States
This MM4K is the best of many Mobius cameras (many not so great) I've owned over the years to use as low-profile helmet cams for bicycling and for running. But I've just noticed a BIG PROBLEM - when I press the mode button during loop recording, it doesn't save the file to the LOCKED folder. I find it hard to believe that Mobius would eliminate the manual file locking feature that I loved and used on my previous Maxi and Minis. Can anyone confirm that manual file locking is present on the Mobius Maxi 4k? Then at least I'd have something to try to fix.

OK, I found a workaround, because after scouring all available information online, I've concluded the mode button has been disabled for file locking. First of all, MM4K has an EVENT folder now, not LOCKED as earlier cameras did. So I just turned on the gravity sensor and adjusted it to a sensitivity (medium) that activates file transfer to the EVENT folder when I tap on the side of the camera with my fingertips. I am hopeful that the medium setting will not have too many false positives when I go over bumps with it affixed to the external mount on my velomobile.

Back