• 12+ days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jp Meyer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello,

i have been reading in this forum for quite some time now and so far i have always found enough answers to all my problems. However, right now I have a problem I just cannot solve.

I have a mobius (early version 520 mah battery) deployed outside. Its supposed to document the construction of a building. It is set to photo mode, 5 min interval.

My initial plan was to have the mobius + powerbank +small solar panel charging the powerbank, in a housing and have it take pictures at a interval greater than 5 minute, to benefit from the 'hibernate function'.

This doesnt seem to work as the usb power seems to mess up the 'hibernate function'. So using a small powerbank + a little solar panel doesnt seem to be possible. Any thoughts on why that doesnt work?

Another way would be to charge the internal battery directly. But this would require a separate battery protection circuit and would be a hack job, when compared to the sleek, easy to take apart, usb solution.

Also when running only on the internal battery, I only get ~2 days of recording. From other forum posts i got the impression that on a 5min interval, between 6-10 days, depending on the batterysize should be possible. Why is mine only doing 2 ? Or must the interval be greater than 5 minutes?

Last edited:
Back